• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,809 posts in this topic

Fixed it for you :foryou:

And some miscellaneous stuff gems.

FourColor41_zpse59f7e83.jpg

You can't go wrong with Central Valleys. Seriously underappreciated books.

I appreciate them. :)

I'd have more to appreciate if someone hadn't been so fast with his trigger finger. ;)

He who hesitates is usually disappointed. But really, Jay was great about the books and has continued to help me add more books from the pedigree. They changed the way I looked at GA books and I'm a happier collector because of it.

But really, Jay was great about the books and has continued to help me add more books from the pedigree. They changed the way I looked at GA books and I'm a happier collector because of it.

In what way? Surely you were always capable of appreciating comics like the gemlike ones you've been posting?

(shrug)

But really, Jay was great about the books and has continued to help me add more books from the pedigree. They changed the way I looked at GA books and I'm a happier collector because of it.

In what way? Surely you were always capable of appreciating comics like the gemlike ones you've been posting?

(shrug)

It changed how I look at the strip reprint books and made me appreciate their importance in the history of our hobby. If all I had ever seen were the copies that had been thrown under the bus, I doubt I would have started paying attention.

CV books are stunning.

On the whole, the bright white of the pages and covers rivals the best of the Mile High books. But when you compare Batman to Mutt and Jeff, people don't tend to notice till they get one in their hands. Not many people have ever gotten to see on in person.

Checking out that Wizard of Oz FCcomic, is that a "first appearance" in comics or did the Classics Illustrated Jr come out first.

Also, anyone know why certain Four colors are more difficult to get than others?

Another question. Anyone have a list of issues that have variant back covers and would provide some commentary on why that happened and which ones are difficult to find etc.

Probably a bit of proprietary info if you happen to hunting those but I'd sure like to hear opinions/info about it.

Ed

I added another Donald Duck Four Color. This one has a non Barks interior. The cover is by Barks, however.

FC_348.jpg

That's one of my favorite Barks covers even though it's on a book without a Barks story. Nice pickup.