• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Acquired these in a recent collection purchase. Beautiful file copy books.

Wow! Little Rascals and Rootie Kazootie are two more sadly underappreciated Four Color titles. As a result, they're not often seen.

(thumbs u

Wow! Little Rascals and Rootie Kazootie are two more sadly underappreciated Four Color titles. As a result, they're not often seen.

(thumbs u

Actually when I look at them I think irrelevant as opposed to under-appreciated. I think a lot of this material just isn't going to hold up; without an audience there is little to relate to here other than an historical curiosity. Little Rascals is probably the only one of the recently posted books with any kind of legs. Beyond a small group of niche collectors this material isn't ever going to be appreciated on any kind of scale.

To be clear here I am referring to the recent obscure books, not the well know characters.

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

(thumbs u

Actually when I look at them I think irrelevant as opposed to under-appreciated. I think a lot of this material just isn't going to hold up; without an audience there is little to relate to here other than an historical curiosity. Little Rascals is probably the only one of the recently posted books with any kind of legs. Beyond a small group of niche collectors this material isn't ever going to be appreciated on any kind of scale.

To be clear here I am referring to the recent obscure books, not the well know characters.

I understand what you are saying. One thing I can mention: These Four Color books are typically not the type of books I collect for personal. I am a horror / sci -fi guy. But these books are so clean, so flat, with such wonderful colors that I am tempted to keep them. The Rootie has such incredible reds they just leap off the cover. Fantastic conditioned books that a comic book collector can appreciate. Obscure characters...definitely.

(thumbs u

I understand what you are saying. One thing I can mention: These Four Color books are typically not the type of books I collect for personal. I am a horror / sci -fi guy. But these books are so clean, so flat, with such wonderful colors that I am tempted to keep them. The Rootie has such incredible reds they just leap off the cover. Fantastic conditioned books that a comic book collector can appreciate. Obscure characters...definitely.

I can certainly relate; there is a whole portion of my collection composed of books forgotten and unloved.

(thumbs u

Some old comics are just cool to own, whether they are relevant to a lot of collectors or not. Especially when they are real tough/impossible to get in that kind of grade. And the 'market' is funny; sometimes obscure/forgotten books all the sudden grow 'legs' in the 'market'.

Found this at my local flee market this past weekend. Love the condition(despite the obvious tear on the TFC) and I thought the story was pretty good.

null_zps672cec81.jpg

null_zps1c67a95e.jpg

null_zpsdc4a846e.jpg

Nice find!

I will tell you what: That 333 is a LOT harder to find than people might be aware. Looks like a pretty sharp copy.

great books you are selling 4GEM GLWTS

I finally have the books I got in OMAHA a few months ago scanned. here are a few of them. I am over 800 now

fc102OswalttheRabbit_zpsaa972c09.jpg

fc333ZGsWildernessTrek_zps8d76810b.jpg

fc389AndyHardy_zpse46fe449.jpg