• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Some recent $5. flea market pick-ups... My favorite era for these.

combugsbunnyfc123.jpg

combugsbunnyfc142.jpg

comandypandafc154.jpg

comporkypigfc156.jpg

SWEET :applause:I remember a dealer from back in the day who used to be a regular at the NYC shows (before NYCC/cosplay days)and he used to say that that block of Bugs issues were the ones I should focus on. This was still in my mostly silver/bronze focus days. In fact he used to have a printed catalog he'd mail out or have at the shows and in particular in his listing for Four Color 164 (Bugs Bunny Discovers the Frozen Kingdom) he included the blurb " as good as any Barks story". I didn't know who 'Barks' was then , but knowing what I know now it's probably blaspheme to even repeat that :D

On 12/13/2017 at 8:41 AM, Robot Man said:

Some recent $5. flea market pick-ups... My favorite era for these.

combugsbunnyfc123.jpg

combugsbunnyfc142.jpg

I’ve been looking for decent shape and priced copies of those Bugs for years. For $5 though I would have snagged these too. I don’t know if the interior stories are as good as the covers but I sure hope so.

Bonus Four Color question - anyone remember which Four Color comic made an appearance in Steranko’s History of the Comics book?

Hopefully my memory isn’t faulty here but it’s a cover I vividly remember. First correct answer gets assigned a missing Four Color number!

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

On 12/13/2017 at 9:12 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I now have another "missing" Four-color...found right here on the boards...

=Dell-JungleWarStories1-6.0.jpg

You'd be missing, too, if you had to wade through the Mekong. 

On 12/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Bonus Four Color question - anyone remember which Four Color comic made an appearance in Steranko’s History of the Comics book?

Hopefully my memory isn’t faulty here but it’s a cover I vividly remember. First correct answer gets assigned a missing Four Color number!

Looks like you're going have to tell us the answer on this one!

10 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

At least the Smokey cover has his correct name on it...

I thought the Forest Service wants him called Smokey Bear (without the "the"). 

They do...and that is lame.  He is Smokey "the" Bear.  His name is Smokey and he is a bear.  Smokey Bear is not his name.  Bear is not a last name, it is what he is...this has ticked me off since the 80s when they changed it.  Just one of my many pet peeves...about things done by less than intelligent people...:preach:

12 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

They do...and that is lame.  He is Smokey "the" Bear.  His name is Smokey and he is a bear.  Smokey Bear is not his name.  Bear is not a last name, it is what he is...this has ticked me off since the 80s when they changed it.  Just one of my many pet peeves...about things done by less than intelligent people...:preach:

When you hang around the boards, you see a lot of that. :)

History of Smokey Bear from the Smokey Bear Website

Or 

History of Smokey Bear

“Smokey Bear became very popular. In 1952, Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins wrote the anthem that would cause a debate among Smokey enthusiasts for the next several decades. In order to maintain the correct rhythm, the writers added a "the" between "Smokey" and "Bear." As testament to the song's popularity, Smokey Bear became known as "Smokey The Bear" to many adoring fans, but in actuality his name never changed, and he is still known correctly as Smokey Bear.”

On 1/8/2018 at 5:56 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Edited by Icculus308win
Added other url link