• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

FC_171_Charlie_01FC.jpg

I think this is the lowest # needed

I noticed recently that that the 4c's from 760 on have 2 back covers - one and ad and one a story or filler> I'm trying to get a scan of both - Is there any interest for that, and should I start another thread ?

fc2cgc80.jpg

Well my scanner is back working so I am back! Shame on you guys. I had to do a search to find the thread it was buried so deep. I will try and not let that happen again

Shameful, isn't it!

Thanks for restarting one of my favorite threads.

I'm posting for several reasons:

I love your Harold Teen. What a great copy! Classic comic strip that introduced a lot of slang into the English language. Yowzah!

I've gotten a bunch of Four Colors lately, but not a single one missing from the thread. I'm going to post my new Four Color 1270 anyway because I like it so much. Attractive copy of an (I think) harder to get issue, despite the blotch near the piano leg. I'm a big Rocky and Bullwinkle fan!

58658-FC1270.jpg

Last, has anyone heard from jmg3637 lately? I've been trying to reach him for quite a while to finish my side of a trade, and can't get a reply by PM or email. (I'm embarrassed that the trade isn't finished after so long.)

Jack

Four Color thread dropped to page 8? For shame.

I think it's been posted before, but I'm always happy to get another Four Color below #100.

Four Color 93, 1945, Gene Autry in The Bandit of Black Rock. Not high grade, but a presentable reader. Another one from my recent trade with Scrooge.

FC93.jpg

Competent job on the cover signed by Till(man) Goodan, who's been mentioned on the boards occasionally. Lots of western art, Sgt Preston and Gilberton. A better job on Champion than Gene, I'd say. Interior art -- and I'm not sure if it's Goodan -- is OK but stiff.

Once again, has anyone heard from jmg3637 lately? I've been trying to reach him for months by PM and email.

Jack

Four Color thread dropped to page 8? For shame.

I think it's been posted before, but I'm always happy to get another Four Color below #100.

Four Color 93, 1945, Gene Autry in The Bandit of Black Rock. Not high grade, but a presentable reader. Another one from my recent trade with Scrooge.

FC93.jpg

Competent job on the cover signed by Till(man) Goodan, who's been mentioned on the boards occasionally. Lots of western art, Sgt Preston and Gilberton. A better job on Champion than Gene, I'd say. Interior art -- and I'm not sure if it's Goodan -- is OK but stiff.

Once again, has anyone heard from jmg3637 lately? I've been trying to reach him for months by PM and email.

Jack

It may or not be a Goodan, but it is still a good'n in my book (thumbs u

Edited by ciorac