• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

I take it you mean the 5 books in your sig line, but aren't you missing more than 5? Your registry says you have 47 of 100.

Quite true,

One of my friends that I've sold ASM books like 216-9.8 in the past that were really rare 9.8's is selling about 45 or so ASM's to me from his collection. He's clearing up some marvel space to focus mainly on Green Lantern Silver Age books mostly in 9.6 and 9.8. which he already has the best set of. You may know him.

All in all when the payment plan we arranged is done those books at the bottom where my want list is are all that I need and I know a couple of them are super hard to find. Even with those books in 9.6 though my set would be complete and tight. I can't wait! grin.gif Payments start in August.

Oh and to top it off he has a 263-CGC-9.9 to add to my other 7 9.9's .. priceless

Richard

I take it you mean the 5 books in your sig line, but aren't you missing more than 5? Your registry says you have 47 of 100.

Quite true,

One of my friends that I've sold ASM books like 216-9.8 in the past that were really rare 9.8's is selling about 45 or so ASM's to me from his collection. He's clearing up some marvel space to focus mainly on Green Lantern Silver Age books mostly in 9.6 and 9.8. which he already has the best set of. You may know him.

All in all when the payment plan we arranged is done those books at the bottom where my want list is are all that I need and I know a couple of them are super hard to find. Even with those books in 9.6 though my set would be complete and tight. I can't wait! grin.gif Payments start in August.

Oh and to top it off he has a 263-CGC-9.9 to add to my other 7 9.9's .. priceless

Richard

I thought It'd be 5 years before I was done it to tell you the truth but I got lucky which is nice for a change. I won't have to hunt for them all for years to come. Just some primary targets which I'm offering good money for - See wanted to purchase - section for full details on what I'll pay.

You may want to submit a raw or 2 if you have any of those books.

Wow... I can't get my mind around having a collection of books in that condition. I sort of think that a handful of my McFarlane ASMs stand a shot of hitting in between a 9.4 - 9.6 but who knows? A few more readings will bring to a 9.2 at some point I'm sure.

That's really cool though you were able to line up so many on your hit list.

One of my friends that I've sold ASM books like 216-9.8 in the past that were really rare 9.8's is selling about 45 or so ASM's to me from his collection.

Wow. That will be quite a package! 893whatthe.gif

Congrats on scoring such a large chunk of your want list all at once. Holy cow!

Wow... I can't get my mind around having a collection of books in that condition. I sort of think that a handful of my McFarlane ASMs stand a shot of hitting in between a 9.4 - 9.6 but who knows? A few more readings will bring to a 9.2 at some point I'm sure.

That's really cool though you were able to line up so many on your hit list.

I had 2 that came back from CGC 9.8's that are in my 201-300 run from my personal collection being 280 and 289 which is cool. I grew up reading them in the 80's as a kid so grabbed nice copies when I had the chance and have a lot of raw books from 260-340 or so that would grade 9.6 and 9.8. The 9.8's being from 303++ but I'll wait a year or so when I"m done my mad buying spree on these and submit them for some extra cash or just to sell around here. Not a CGC selling store here in Northern Ontario where I live in Canada. If you want some raw copies of later issues for your collection not CGC'd PM me and I'll tell ya what I got.

Richard

One of my friends that I've sold ASM books like 216-9.8 in the past that were really rare 9.8's is selling about 45 or so ASM's to me from his collection.

Wow. That will be quite a package! 893whatthe.gif

Congrats on scoring such a large chunk of your want list all at once. Holy cow!

thumbsup2.gif - I think I would like to try and get the 237/238/244 CGC 9.9's at some point but I wouldn't put them in my sig line yet because I am primarily trying to fill the run then find the other 9.9s. I know Joe Ragno has the 272 & 289 but he isn't selling them anytime soon I don't think. We've spoke. He has a sick McFarlane run though at that top of set now with his ASM#300-CGC-9.8 SS book. Nice collection there!

Richard

9.8 SS ASM 300... that would be one heckuva gem for the collection.

Yeah, I finally snagged a nice copy of ASM 35 and located a nice copy of 29 in 2.0 which I might pick up in the near future as well. Once I do, I think I'm taking a short break from my Silver Spideys and start up on filling short runs of my copper age targets-- Uncanny X-Men which I've already started, and (of course) ASM. I've already got all of the key issues (or pretty darn close to all of 'em) for the BA and CA, and now it will simply be a case of picking up the issues surrounding them. I'm guessing that this will be my Fall and Winter project. smile.gif

I call that good business! Shoot, I'd love it if I 1. had the funds and 2. the funds to buy up many of my Silver ASMs in one swoop let alone my Bronze and Copper ASM targets. Plus, AC's got to be a getting a nice break on the price for buying in bulk. If not, THEN we've outed ourselves a cheater! wink.gif

I call that good business! Shoot, I'd love it if I 1. had the funds and 2. the funds to buy up many of my Silver ASMs in one swoop let alone my Bronze and Copper ASM targets. Plus, AC's got to be a getting a nice break on the price for buying in bulk. If not, THEN we've outed ourselves a cheater! wink.gif

I don't have the funds to get them all at once and this seller and I know each other and have done off auction site sales to each other for hundreds of dollars therefore have each other's trust and came to a payment scheduele for the books which will be a few months of paying. Bulk deal? Not really. I'm making sure he gets what he paid at the minimum and more on some books as they truly are rare books that never come up on ebay and I'm sure this was the only way I could get them in the next 5 years or so.

The main thing is we're both happy with our decisions so everything works out for the best. Network Macman like you have been doing and continue to do business with boardies. It's only going to gain you ground as you look to further your run. grin.gif

Richard

Dude, I'll PM you my mailing address so you can get rid of that lousy ASM 261 in 9.6. Really? A 9.6 among all of those 9.8s and 9.9s? I'll even cover shipping so you don't need to worry about it taking up space in your recycle bin wink.gif

Seriously though, that is one ambitious and amazing collection you've got going there. When it's complete, you should lay it out and do a "group" photo! smile.gif