• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

Hahah yeah the whole lot with the addition of Amazing spider-man #258,284,286 CGC 9.8 and about 30 others I'm hoping to have graded in the next week or so are all going up on Pedigree comics in approximately 2 weeks time. In total about 70 graded ASM issues all high grade with 8 of 20 issues that received a CGC 9.9 in the lot as well. Approx 85,000 comics graded between ASM1-300. 27 total books receiving 9.9 with 7 being duplicates. Check out the lot in a few weeks. Should be one hell of a nice set!!! headbang.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

Although it will dissapoint me deeply knowing that the person that buys all these 9.9's will be a collector and there will be a zero possibility of ever getting these books back in my lifetime I have decided that I will sell them off as long as the price is right. I could use money for alot of things right now. Debt / new car downpayment as well as increasing my enjoyment of my time as the money will be used to generate more money with some probably heading into RRSP's even though I'm only 28 it's a good time to chuck some off to that and keep at it for the next 20 or so years. Also a 55 inch plasma with a PS3 and sweet Panasonic surround sound are in the agenda. I'll enjoy it. But I'll always be angry at myself for letting them go as like I said it will be impossible to get them back. 1/1 comics are hard to come by and I'm actually really surprised at what I've amassed in the last few years making myself broke in the process but hey, we've got to enjoy life at the same time here. I really wanted to have the best 200-300 set and imagine that whoever buys my set eventually will as they will have the upper edge on 7 of the books that ppl have 9.8's of which will automatically topple the competition. Unless of course some wingnut goes and gets the entire 200-300 run SS'd. That would be interesting to see.

Just got my 1st ever books graded from CGC that are out of my own personal collection. I sent them to Doug in Florida to get them graded as quickly as possible to add into the lot that goes on sale Friday the 13th.... Tomorrow on Pedigree Comics. I 1st sent about 25 books with a 9.6 prequal done by myself. Then when I thought about the cost as most of them would be 9.6's and the fact that 9.8's are the real money bringers I told Doug just to do a 9.8 screen and I'd pay whatever for anything that didn't hit. Well out of the books I sent 7 of them hit a 9.8.

Amazing Spider-Man 280 CGC 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 289 CGC 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 314 CGC 9.8 X 2

Amazing Spider-Man 347 CGC 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 351 CGC 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 364 CGC 9.8

So anyone that tells you that it's not possible to get books from Canada to Florida in immaculate condition just doesn't know how to pack books. I'd scan them for you to see as I'm proud of my 1st send out but the scans are all too big to put in so I'll put the link up for all my books again on comic space and you can see by the captions, which ones are the newer ones.

yay.gifcloud9.gif

Didn't get the price I wanted so back to collecting the run I GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

And I'm think I'm happier that I didn't get rid of the 8 9.9's!!!!!!!!!!

SWEET FRICKIN BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just grabbed a copy of 252 9.8 / 293 9.8 SS / 291 9.8 & 294 9.8

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

sumo.gifyay.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gifyay.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifsumo.gif