• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic-Con OA/CGC Dinner?

161 posts in this topic

I don't know if you guys have found a place yet, but I'd like to suggest DALLAS BBQ or even one of the local brew pubs.

Cost efficient, and good food.

For my money, pound for pound, DALLAS BBQ gives really good huge helpings of both food and drink for VERY reasonable pricing.

I don't know if you guys have found a place yet, but I'd like to suggest DALLAS BBQ or even one of the local brew pubs.

Cost efficient, and good food.

For my money, pound for pound, DALLAS BBQ gives really good huge helpings of both food and drink for VERY reasonable pricing.

Thats funny because I was talking to greggy about how I go there from time to time

There is a plus and minus to this suggestion, it is cheap and good, but the one on 42nd st. which can hold a lot of people, is very busy on Friday Nights. The one on 23rd st has a party room , but no ambience.

Darwin, actually both are very busy on friday nights. 23rd street would probably be the only hope since they have the room downstairs which I believe is the party room and its usually not occupied. I can smell the hot wings already cloud9.gif

Darwin, actually both are very busy on friday nights. 23rd street would probably be the only hope since they have the room downstairs which I believe is the party room and its usually not occupied. I can smell the hot wings already cloud9.gif

You sniffing your feet again? poke2.gif

Go hump a Kangaroo

Go hump a Kangaroo

*checks calendar* nope it's go hum an echidna week.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it either. frown.gif Winter came very late in the Northeast this year. The ground didn't freeze until the middle of January. I have been working 7 days a week the last few weeks, and it looks like I'm going to have to continue to do so, to ensure I have enough money to hold me over through the "Mud" season. I was looking forward to meeting fellow board members.

Mike

I will probably be at the show on Saturday, but I don't know if I will be able to attend the dinner.

devil.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you going to be there?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes hail.gif

Then prepare for love, as only I can give you.

flowerred.gifgossip.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

I will probably be at the show on Saturday, but I don't know if I will be able to attend the dinner.

devil.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you going to be there?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes hail.gif

Then prepare for love, as only I can give you.

flowerred.gifgossip.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif

If you have not yet choosen a venue, how about Keen's 36th and sixth (close to Javits).

Mike K

No venue has been chosen yet... whole problem is getting somewhere with a private room, which is a priority for Steve and crew.

Here's a head count thus far:

Steve Borock

Foolkiller

DAM60

silverandbronze

kc120us

Redhook

MutantKeys

Dmac538

Greggy

Thecollector

Burntboy

Solar

rickydan + 2

Drummy

comicartfan

alberto1975

kaluta

esquirecomics

the blob (maybe)

Anyone I've missed?

I have talked to Steve and will try to secure a room for us, most likely said Dallas BBQ. It has quick likable food, very strong frozen drinks and decent location. I will post more info tomorrow.