• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel anyone?

141 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That's a heck of an effort. I love early Whiz Comics. They're kind of like early Actions but with consistently better covers.

Did you get that Whiz #2 from Metro? It looks familiar to me.

You know what you need is one of these:

whizcomics9.jpg

I'm fond of the O'Mealia issues but I think you're making a reasonable argument about the overall quality of the Whiz covers vs. the Action covers.

That's a heck of an effort. I love early Whiz Comics. They're kind of like early Actions but with consistently better covers.

whizcomics9.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

whizcomics9.jpg

mmmm...church....

yep, I have a lead on a #1, but I still need a 6, a NINE 893whatthe.gif, and a 17 to finish the 1-25 whiz run...I was going to wait till I had them all, but figured, what the heck...these are great, fun early books of my second favorite GA hero!....going to work on CMA 1-12 too, but that is next year...

rick

actually, win has been my "best" source...anxiously awaiting 2 more gems from the ole centaurman (he already supplied me with the 14 and 15, wait till you see the other 2!)...the #2 is the Detroit Trolley copy, that might be where you recognize it from...

now, just have to find the 6,9 and 17, and we can wrap up the big cheese, to go!

All I've got is a Crowley copy flag cover.

cm26-cc.jpg

that is actually a very cool cover...I was going to stop at 12 with CMA, but maybe 26 is a good one to have too...

thanks for posting

rick

whizcomics9.jpg

takeit.gif

mmmm...church....

yep, I have a lead on a #1, but I still need a 6, a NINE 893whatthe.gif, and a 17 to finish the 1-25 whiz run...I was going to wait till I had them all, but figured, what the heck...these are great, fun early books of my second favorite GA hero!....going to work on CMA 1-12 too, but that is next year...

rick

Here are some examples.....

1657982-whiz6.jpg1657982-whiz17.jpg1657982-whiz1.jpg

1657982-whiz1.jpg.8be1e6d6f9b5dac5745dbe2876c2b87e.jpg

mmmm...church....

rick

1657982-whiz6.jpg

Larson bug chew and all, I want it!....JB, I know you are likely never going to part with any of your books, but if you do...yum!

mmmm...church....

rick

1657982-whiz6.jpg1657982-whiz17.jpg1657982-whiz1.jpg1658087-whiz4.jpg1658087-whiz7.jpg

1658087-whiz7.jpg.e444cd1af2984174e770de372b616419.jpg

hello all...

I got lucky, as I found 1 of each copy I needed, but truthfully, have not looked that hard...I put my 2-25 (with a lot of help from Win) run together within 2 months, and am only missing the 6,9,17...I have a gd+ #1 on reserve, hoping to land that deal soon!, then I just have to find the other 3, which have proved elusive so far...

thanks

rick