• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Tim: Awesome picture! I wish I had the forsight to scan or take a group shot of that run. Those books were truly amazing.

The picture that you or Scott could`ve taken would`ve been mindblowing, since you guys had the complete slabbed set, whereas I only had the cherry-picked books.

I thought that a few more of them had shots at 9.8 especially the 139, 140 and 141.

The 139, to this day is burned into my memory.

They were indeed gorgeous, although the 139 didn`t need to be a 9.8 in order to go for an insane price.

And in case anyone is wondering, no I don't regret letting them go back into the marketplace.

As with most collectors we are only caretakers of our treasures for a brief period of time and our collecting interest do evolve to other things.

Best, Tom

(thumbs u

Tim,

That is a cool picture. What is great is that run of the books was the core of the flash run. From 122-175, there are so many keys it ranks up there with some of the big boy Marvel titles. Do you still have the 139?

Jack

I saw a column by Ethan Van Sciver today. He posted a little teaser for the upcoming Flash: Rebirth series. My question is how much will this stoke the fires on 105-350. Will going back to Barry rekindle the run or does a modern have no effect on Silver Age books. As for me, I'm stoked.

Flash-Rebirth.jpg

Scott didn't get all the books in the run! :grin:

Tom

Really? Other than the 123, which I know you kept until you sold it a few years ago, the list that he offered me seemed pretty complete from 122 or so on up.

What else did you keep?

You used to have such nice comics! :cry:

Anyone who saw them in person would know why I`m such a big fan of Western Penns.

I was looking back through some of mine and I had a handful or so of WP plus many of the PC copies....they were really nice. :(

I added another 123 to my collection, so here is a group shot...

:o

:applause:

123 is a great book to have multiples of! :headbang:

I added another 123 to my collection, so here is a group shot...

:o

:applause:

123 is a great book to have multiples of! :headbang:

Certainly better than Iron Man/Submariner 1 or Astonishing Tales 25! lol