• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

(worship)

Nice, very nice... Flash is one of my favorites, but boy did he have some stinker covers from time to time - see 132 and 133.

Yeah, definitely not the greatest covers on those two, though I like the colors on 133.

:shy:

132 and 133 are two of my favourite covers - you know I'll gladly take them off your hands Andy..... ;)

I picked up this guy in the C-Link Auction this week.

flash127.jpg

Great pick-up! It used to be a 9.4 with C-OW pages (old label) until the top right corner got caught in the slab`s inner seal and got torn off, which CGC regraded as a 9.0 when it was resubbed to them. It is an absolutely gorgeous book except for that missing corner. Whoever bought it on Heritage and then resold it here took an absolute bath.

Edited by tth2

I got sniped on the 105 & 137. But I also picked this one up:

flash151.jpg

Very nice! Are you focusing on Western Penn copies or were your two pick-ups just coincidence?

Not sure yet... but here is another:

flash147.jpg

BTW, thanks for the info. I thought the scan looked awful nice for 9.0 and you can barely see that corner issue. I am sure I will like it.

Not sure yet... but here is another:

flash147.jpg

BTW, thanks for the info. I thought the scan looked awful nice for 9.0 and you can barely see that corner issue. I am sure I will like it.

Quite the Western Penn auction for you! :applause:

I`m sure you`ll love these books, because they are just beautiful (although I`ve never owned the #151). The #127 was a great pick-up, and as you say, the corner isn`t really all that noticeable.

I picked up this guy in the C-Link Auction this week.

flash127.jpg

Great pick-up! It used to be a 9.4 with C-OW pages (old label) until the top right corner got caught in the slab`s inner seal and got torn off, which CGC regraded as a 9.0 when it was resubbed to them. It is an absolutely gorgeous book except for that missing corner. Whoever bought it on Heritage and then resold it here took an absolute bath.

high grade silver age DC crashing!!! did this book really sell for $3k in 06? i believe there was some chatter that the bidders must've thought it was a 9.4. nice pickup jackcsco.

Edited by frankiecastle

high grade silver age DC crashing!!! did this book really sell for $3k in 06? i believe there was some chatter that the bidders must've thought it was a 9.4. nice pickup jackcsco.

If it was a 9.4, I'm sure it would've gone for more than $3K.

Anyways, I got paid in full when it sold on Heritage, so whoever the bidder was, he/she must've paid up.

This is truly one of the biggest baths, percentage-wise, that I've seen anyone take in a while. Pay $3K, then sell for $655, which after paying the 10% commission to CL translates into $589, plus any deduction for shipping the book to CL? OUCH! :eek:

Edited by tth2

Thats too bad about the Western Penn Flash #127. Of the high grade books that I own I would never break open the CGC slab to look at the insides of the book. I have only done that with some lower graded books that I have bought slabbed. Its too easy to damage comics taking them out of their mylars. Whenever I am at a show I always ask the dealer to take expensive books out of the mylar for me. Thats a tremendous hit on the Western Penn Flash #127 but we all make mistakes! Still a great looking book! Erik

Thats too bad about the Western Penn Flash #127. Of the high grade books that I own I would never break open the CGC slab to look at the insides of the book. I have only done that with some lower graded books that I have bought slabbed. Its too easy to damage comics taking them out of their mylars. Whenever I am at a show I always ask the dealer to take expensive books out of the mylar for me. Thats a tremendous hit on the Western Penn Flash #127 but we all make mistakes! Still a great looking book! Erik

:o

Feel bad for the guy. Must have wanted to resub for better page quality or upgrade to 9.6

tim may weigh in here - but i believe it was cgc itself that caused this during the encapsulation process.