• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,849 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2022 at 5:34 PM, Math Teacher said:

Here is my wife's recent purchase. Just out of curiosity, would you like to trade wives? lol

Tramontina Primaware Non-stick Cookware Set, 10 Piece - Walmart.com

On second thought, she would probably go along with the trade. If memory serves, I think you already have a copy of SC 4, so she wouldn't have to buy a copy.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Obrie2tm said:

Indeed, the foreign editions are really intriguing, particularly when they create new cover art for the issue. This is a reprint for Flash #120, and the new cover art is inspired by the splash page of the issue. Part of it could be the difference in time between the foreign edition and the original? In this case, the Brazilian edition wasn't printed until 1969 I believe (original US publication was 1961). I was able to locate a color image of the final published version; now the hunt for an original copy to display with the cover art! This also came with the original preliminary color guide for the artwork. The piece itself is signed by Baron and there was a prominent comic artist named Eduardo Baron working out of Brazil at the time it seems, but I've not been able to locate any further information about him yet and if that is the correct artist.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 4.46.08 PM.png

dd1d7a797543ed20c42a084c468aed40.jpg

1e9d73c60d45e250f99cf73db17cac09.png

Thanks so much for sharing. I keep wondering why the just did not rework the splash. Also 1969, interesting. Again thanks for sharing.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I am guessing you don't get "you paid ..what for a comic book!!"

I haven't had to endure that lately. I spent $15K on an AF #15 CGC 2.5 in December, 2020. Needless to say, my wife had, in Bart Simpson's words, "a cow." When I told her in December, 2021, that it was now worth $37,000, her comment was, "I guess you know what you are doing."

Edited by Math Teacher

On 1/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, Jaylam said:

Scored my first good buy of the year with one that's been on my hit list for awhile, but couldn't find a decent copy that suit my taste or my budget. Thanks to Comics4Less putting one up for auction last week.

1939276096_flash140Front.thumb.jpg.79860fac425ef1a6f4cd4473814b5367.jpg

Nice copy there!!!