• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2024 at 2:43 AM, Jaylam said:

This copy of Flash #105 sold last night on Heritage for $4,400. That's about $1,000 higher than the last several sales and the highest for this grade since 2017 (at least from the sources I could find). However, you go to a 7.0 and there have been no sales below $5,000 since 2015. I would have liked to have had this copy because of the date stamp on the cover, but this is a little too saucy for me as this book had a pretty strong result. Congrats to whoever won it.

image.thumb.png.3414521061459ee920d2b2ef687b6a89.png

I saw that but have been waiting to see if it has had an effect. It looks like it has. Back in before 2014 there were strong rumors of a Flash movie and that drove up SC4 over next few years peaking in maybe late 2016. At around that time the movie was announced at SDCC as a Flashpoint story line but the movie was put off from a 2018 release until the far future as everything but the actors were going to change. That then saw a lot of SC4 bought by the speculators bleed back into the market which bottomed about 2018-19. These rumours and speculation had little effect on 105. In recent years though as the real movie moved forward, 105s were gradually being picked up. Not enough to spike it as this was over several years (unlike Marvel movie spikes which are very sudden and sharp). When the movie looked at under performing, these speculators started to dump 105. Lots of them hit the market and drove prices on mid to low grade back to around late 2016 prices. It would appear now that since November these have washed through and prices look to return to more normal levels closer to there peak. Of course the HA effect can't be discounted.

Checking in Flash fans! Nothing new to report---just working 16 hours a day over here and weekends. Miss you all! Sorry I've been away. I am in need of some comic relief :roflmao:

On 3/5/2024 at 9:06 PM, flashlites said:

Checking in Flash fans! Nothing new to report---just working 16 hours a day over here and weekends. 

Wow! :whatthe: You must be making big bucks for more Flash comics! What's your business? 

???

On 2/2/2024 at 12:31 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Back in before 2014 there were strong rumors of a Flash movie and that drove up SC4 over next few years peaking in maybe late 2016. At around that time the movie was announced at SDCC as a Flashpoint story line but the movie was put off from a 2018 release until the far future as everything but the actors were going to change. That then saw a lot of SC4 bought by the speculators bleed back into the market which bottomed about 2018-19. These rumours and speculation had little effect on 105. In recent years though as the real movie moved forward, 105s were gradually being picked up. Not enough to spike it as this was over several years (unlike Marvel movie spikes which are very sudden and sharp). When the movie looked at under performing, these speculators started to dump 105. Lots of them hit the market and drove prices on mid to low grade back to around late 2016 prices. It would appear now that since November these have washed through and prices look to return to more normal levels closer to there peak. Of course the HA effect can't be discounted.

A pox on all the speculators, flippers ad pikers. I hope they all lose money.

:tonofbricks:

On 3/6/2024 at 12:27 AM, Hepcat said:

Since I've posted every Flash comic I have scanned in this thread at least once, I'll repost only my very favourite cover:

29-06-201172328PM.jpg

Okay. Due to popular demand here are scans in chronological order of the rest of my top twelve Flash covers from the Silver Age:

(edited)_Flash_106.png

Flash117.jpg

13-08-2011113310AM.jpg

(edited)_Flash_133.png

29-06-201172325PM.jpg

03-07-201152040PM.jpg

16-06-2011101211PM.jpg

13-08-2011113321AM.jpg

16-06-2011101214PM.jpg

13-08-2011113335AM.jpg

(edited)_Flash_172.png

:)

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/24/2024 at 12:01 AM, Hepcat said:

Okay. Due to popular demand here in chronological order are scans of the rest of my top twelve Flash covers from the Silver Age:

(edited)_Flash_133.png

:)

Does anyone think the sentence, "I've got the strangest feeling I'm being turned into a puppet." ever occurred in another comic? :roflmao:

Since I've posted the twelve Flash covers from my collection that I like the best, I'll now post the cover that I most dislike. After a long run of very good to fabulous Flash covers going back to issue #109 in 1959, Carmine Infantino delivered this dud:

(edited)_Flash_154.png

So uninspiring and forgettable a cover that I didn't even scan it until now!

:frown:

Edited by Hepcat