• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

Great thread and those are some awesome examples Hepcat. :cloud9:

I love this title and would like to collect more and one day focus on these

books seriously. So many cool covers.

Picture1502.jpg

BB86Mine.jpg

BB124.jpg

BB92.jpg

BraveandBold93rawVF.jpg

I have a couple more and my scanner is broken.

I love this title and would like to collect more and one day focus on these books seriously. So many cool covers.

Picture1502.jpg

BB86Mine.jpg

BB124.jpg

BB92.jpg

BraveandBold93rawVF.jpg

I have a couple more and my scanner is broken.

Oh I agree! And you've already got a good start right there.

(thumbs u

I'll bet we could do it in a month.

while I have most of them I only have about 30 scanned. Here are the highest two scans

bb68.jpg

The next one is from my original collection. I think I only had around 300. When I got back into collecting I put a green dot on the bag (usually covering the DC logo to avoid distracting from the art). so I could still remember which those were. I did upgrade many, but still have most.

bb67.jpg

lets do this, in order. I will start is with a 1, I know several people with other early numbers. Post consecutive issues until you're missing a number, then we wait till someone posts that.

bb1.jpg

Looks like we are getting stuck very quickly on #2 somebody must have a scan of it.

I can only add one more book under 20. I liked super heroes, so never tried to pick up the early ones.

trying to kick the thread lol

bb1.jpg

Someone page Adamstrange and Comick1!

Much to my dismay, I don't have a #2. :tonofbricks:

Maybe Adam Strange??

BraveBold2.jpg

001-2.jpg

Pretty copy, EP! I remember that my own B&B 3 (the first pre-superhero B&B I ever bought) came from Harley who got it from the Circle-8 collection from about 20 years ago and it was rumored to have had 2 other copies of nearly identical condition in the stacks. I remember asking if there were others from the B&B run, but according to a few people who trekked to AZ to look through the stacks, there were not. That's not to say that some others weren't squirreled away before Harley or the other "first viewers" got there.

I attended a small convention at the Staples Center in downtown LA just prior to that and Greg Buls was debuting books from that collection that were just beautiful. I know that the collection is sometimes sneered at because of varying paper quality or occasional moisture/staple problems. I didn't look through Atlases which seemed to have that more commonly than the DCs for some reason.

I remember buying some really nice early 12¢ GI Combats, OAAWs, a few Sea Devils, and a some other odds and ends and being ecstatic because they were so fresh and structurally flawless (or nearly so). These books had no moisture or staple problems. He only had about 10 boxes as I recall. Most of these same books are still in my collection today. I don't remember getting there early in the day, so it's possible that many really nice copies had already been sold including other B&Bs and war books. I didn't ask at the time if he had more. . .just assumed and was grateful that it was some collection that he had unearthed and brought to the show.

But as it turns out he DID have more. . .a LOT more. Harley and a few other lucky people were invited to go out and cherry-pick stuff out of the boxes and boxes of stuff that he had. I overpayed for a bunch of Dell Giants, but regret not keeping them because they were so pretty. Also scored nice copies of Showcase 57 and 58 which became trade bait for more war books at some point many years ago.