• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Gotta love all these covers being shared...

Now for my latest acquisition....TEC 30...forget that batman guy, I wanted the guy with the acetylene torch....(must be the structural engineer in me)....at least the cover promise batman's inside....(now to go confirm it). Thanks to Ciorac for making it happen. Kudos to you.

He looks like an evil Ed Norton.

Great pick-up!

Jack

mm0098.jpg

Now for my latest acquisition....TEC 30...forget that batman guy, I wanted the guy with the acetylene torch....(must be the structural engineer in me)....at least the cover promise batman's inside....(now to go confirm it). Thanks to Ciorac for making it happen. Kudos to you.

Great pick-up!

Jack

mm0098.jpg

Wow, even for a DC, that is a nice book!

Great pick-up!

Jack

mm0098.jpg

:frustrated::pullhair::sumo:

Great pick-up!

Jack

mm0098.jpg

Have pity on him, Bill. Timelyism is a chronic condition requiring years of treatment, even after which there is still a chance of a relapse.

Great pick-up!

Jack

mm0098.jpg

Have pity on him, Bill. Timelyism is a chronic condition requiring years of treatment, even after which there is still a chance of a relapse.

I'll try Adam, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Great pick-up!

Jack

mm0098.jpg

There's more than DC?

thanks Harley.

prettier in person!

gator

Harley is prettier in person hm .......................... :insane:

Oh, nice book! How are the stories / interiors?

Oh and for a boneless man, that guy's got a pretty nice rib cage. :o

Haven't posted a comic jpg before, hope this works.

It's a beater, but I like reading this one.

The seller told me he found it in an old house he had bought and was renovating. It was within the basement stairs in a shoe shelf. The theory is that when the house was being renovated in 1939, whoever was installing the panelling, put it there to show when the work was done. Apparently it was a fairly comon practice done with old newspapers.

I don't have any way of verifying it, but it's a cool story.

589a9322ba107_42452-Adventure040cvrJTinv.jpg.32e7883ec553ca2bae1a17b624db3d52.jpg

The seller told me he found it in an old house he had bought and was renovating. It was within the basement stairs in a shoe shelf. The theory is that when the house was being renovated in 1939, whoever was installing the panelling, put it there to show when the work was done. Apparently it was a fairly comon practice done with old newspapers.

Of all the July 1939 comics to choose from, he sure picked a doozy!

Haven't posted a comic jpg before, hope this works.

It's a beater, but I like reading this one.

I don't have any way of verifying it, but it's a cool story.

It's a very cool story, and a rare find. Congratulations on your purchase! (thumbs u

Of all the July 1939 comics to choose from, he sure picked a doozy!

He sure did!