• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: : banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

da2.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

sold my entire collection to get this.

famous last words, i know, but this is my last book for a very long while.

a dream that came true.

Ben.

p.s. the wife & baby will just have to live with it :sumo:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

I give it 3 months in your collection before you sell it. lol

You golden age guys are as fickle with your "grails" as a modern variant collector.

Still, a really cool and interesting book. :applause:

lol Andy,

very true..... though, not all GA collectors, mainly just me and my "grails" doh!

this one, this one i plan to have around for much longer......... i know this because there is no other book in the world i would rather have!

B.

It's not just you though. I have noticed a lot of golden age collectors go nuts over a book and then sell it soon after. I am occasionally guilty of it myself...though I only ever had one book that I considered a grail, my Mask 2, and that will never be sold.

The one that takes the absolute cake is the guy who made a post about how he had been waiting for a 9.0 copy of ASM 13 for forever, and how this was his grail that he wanted more than anything. The book popped up in the marketplace THE SAME FREAKIN DAY. That one about knocked me out of my chair.

It's not the having, it's the acquiring.

You golden age guys are as fickle with your "grails" as a modern variant collector.

lol Andy,

very true..... though, not all GA collectors, mainly just me and my "grails" doh!

this one, this one i plan to have around for much longer......... i know this because there is no other book in the world i would rather have!

B.

It's not just you though. I have noticed a lot of golden age collectors go nuts over a book and then sell it soon after. I am occasionally guilty of it myself...though I only ever had one book that I considered a grail, my Mask 2, and that will never be sold.

The one that takes the absolute cake is the guy who made a post about how he had been waiting for a 9.0 copy of ASM 13 for forever, and how this was his grail that he wanted more than anything. The book popped up in the marketplace THE SAME FREAKIN DAY. That one about knocked me out of my chair.

Nope, it's the having.

...there is no other book in the world i would rather have!

B.

Well done, Ben! :applause: Hearty congratulations on acquiring your true grail!

GE

da2.jpg

a dream that came true.

Ben.

:o(worship)

lol Andy,

B.

Nope, it's the having.

i like me some having.

da2.jpg

a dream that came true.

Ben.

First let me say (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Second let me say DIIIIIIIIIIIBS if you ever sell! :takeit::takeit::takeit:

First let me say (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Second let me say DIIIIIIIIIIIBS if you ever sell! :takeit::takeit::takeit:

it WOULD look really nice next to your adventure #37................ hm

da2.jpg

a dream that came true.

Ben.

It is awesome that you finally acquired your grail. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

da2.jpg

a dream that came true.

Ben.

Great pickup. Did it go for more or less than you thought it would?

lol Andy,

B.

Nope, it's the having.

What about the looking?

lol Andy,

B.

Nope, it's the having.

What about the looking?

and the touching, and the stroking, and the caressing on those hot sticky nights....and the....