• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Got this little guy yesterday! Really pleased with it;

5143014722_6ff44e2bb2_z.jpg

Beautiful, historical and rare Opper. That's wonderful stuff. The breadth of his career is astonishing. This is from 1901 -- cartoons about the soon-to-be-assassinated Wm. McKinley's cozy relationship with the "trusts." Opper was already well established at this point.

1280012-willie.jpg

Opper is great!

Picked up this weird 3" by 5" metal tray a while back.

Is this Opper or someone ripping him off?

It's hard to tell from that scan, but I'd guess it's somebody else copying or tracing Opper. More importantly... what the hell is going on there? Is she a... are they...? :devil::o

Those Burnley Starman covers and stories are outstanding. :applause: I really enjoyed reading the reprints of those when I was a kid.

I'm going to go after the Starman covers when I have some extra $$. All great covers.

A worthy goal to be sure! And Richard's copies would make a nice cornerstone for your collection :baiting:

Gorgeous books Richard (worship)

Got this little guy yesterday! Really pleased with it;

5143014722_6ff44e2bb2_z.jpg

Beautiful, historical and rare Opper. That's wonderful stuff. The breadth of his career is astonishing. This is from 1901 -- cartoons about the soon-to-be-assassinated Wm. McKinley's cozy relationship with the "trusts." Opper was already well established at this point.

1280012-willie.jpg

Opper is great!

Picked up this weird 3" by 5" metal tray a while back.

Is this Opper or someone ripping him off?

It's hard to tell from that scan, but I'd guess it's somebody else copying or tracing Opper. More importantly... what the hell is going on there? Is she a... are they...? :devil::o

lol

I sold a couple of these a while ago. The Christmas economy caused them to find their way back home, with a new friend!

Amazing trio of superb Starman covers! I think it's about time that Overstreet broke out issue 62 from the rest of the pack.