• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

One step closer to putting the run back together :)

It has already been cracked out and read, but my scanner is packed for the move so I couldn't scan it raw for you. It is such a lovely fresh looking book out of the slab. The resto appears to be Susan's work and a fine example of how to restore a book without making it look too restored at all.

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

It has already been cracked out and read, but my scanner is packed for the move so I couldn't scan it raw for you. It is such a lovely fresh looking book out of the slab. The resto appears to be Susan's work and a fine example of how to restore a book without making it look too restored at all.

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

very nice pons.

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

Sweet! :applause:

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

I love books like that as well.Congrats again Pons.

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

Thanks Russ. You can thumb it up at the East Coast Pons Con next year :)

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

The east coast of Germany? What is that, Czechoslovakia?

mf55-1-1-1.jpg

The east coast of Germany? What is that, Czechoslovakia?

You are the event coordinator for the European Pons Con, so get cracking! We can have one at both our hovel in PA and the villa in Heidelberg :wishluck:

Got this little guy yesterday! Really pleased with it;

5143014722_6ff44e2bb2_z.jpg

Beautiful, historical and rare Opper. That's wonderful stuff. The breadth of his career is astonishing. This is from 1901 -- cartoons about the soon-to-be-assassinated Wm. McKinley's cozy relationship with the "trusts." Opper was already well established at this point.

1280012-willie.jpg

Opper is great!

Picked up this weird 3" by 5" metal tray a while back.

Is this Opper or someone ripping him off?

107472.jpg.564a5553b761847d94fb540b436c6855.jpg

I sold a couple of these a while ago. The Christmas economy caused them to find their way back home, with a new friend!

adventure62.jpg

adventure65.jpg

adventure67.jpg