• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,401 posts in this topic

My first two purchases of the NEW YEAR hath arrived at the residence!!! Thanks again fellow boardies!!! (worship) Just opened the well packaged Speed and its late here in Cleveland so couldnt take the best of pics and my scanner does slabs horrendously but I was just too excited not to give it a photo op!!

16186468421_0e875e68fe_c.jpg

16215614166_4934cc0675_c.jpg

Congrats Gino! When you PM'd me about the book, I had no idea it was a done thing! Well this is my 1000th post and it couldn't be to a more nicer guy. Youve always great things to say about all the collectors and collections here so here's a big hand(s) to you for two SUPER acquisitions!! The Harvey line needs a thread. If there isn't one already, I can't think of a better book to kick it off GIno. And the FF, you know I love Ace almost as much as I love MLJ's and Looney Tunes! Sweet! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

thanks Corey my friend that's much appreciated dude!!!! I certainly will either dig up the old one if I can find it or start a new one!! I'm in the process of getting a new iMac desktop bc my old ones running pretty slow these days so all my posts have been from either my phone or my iPad but when I do I will make that happen they have a nice little lineup of books I'm sure all would enjoy seeing and sharing!!

Speed was a pretty good comic. A lot of work by Schroeder, Schomburg, Elgin, Rice and Powell and others. This Splash from Speed 36 brings up a familiar topic.

16062582737_6b1b50b70d_b.jpg

Great post BB. But you and Gino are tempting me. Lord knows I can't afford to start a run on another publisher right now. lol (focus Corey. Remain focused!)

I like a lot of those speed covers but i found many had faded colors. It seemed to be wifespread among all the publishers books. Maybe it was print quality? Bad luck on my books? Either way Ive seen many with great colors but they always seemed high grade. Anyone else notice this?

A few More from my Collection. Bill talked about writing. I decided it would be a good time to show a couple of my writers. Cap 30 has writing. Who Cares. lol The Cavalcade #4 was from the RJD Collection. He was a collector that bought them off the rack. He documented, where, time, date and sometime a reason he bought them. A lot of times it is done on a coupon inside the book. When my buddy was buying them from his sister, RJD had passed away, she teared up and said he loved those comics. She was surprised they had survived at all, as much as he read them. The Flash 14, just a cool Flash cover. The Boy 19 is one of my favorite Boys. Not the favorite but up there. p><p> <a  href=SCAN0043_zps0f0e03b9.jpg' alt='SCAN0043_

SCAN0045_zpsb4af1dd2.jpg

SCAN0044_zpscf8edce8.jpg

SCAN0042_zps370819f0.jpg

Hi Howard. Cool books especially the Cap. I didn't know you collected GA. Keep 'em coming. You need to get a "Paul" book for your "name" collection. Are you going to be at the Toy Show tomorrow? Or Terry's the week after?

A few More from my Collection. Bill talked about writing. I decided it would be a good time to show a couple of my writers. Cap 30 has writing. Who Cares. lol The Cavalcade #4 was from the RJD Collection. He was a collector that bought them off the rack. He documented, where, time, date and sometime a reason he bought them. A lot of times it is done on a coupon inside the book. When my buddy was buying them from his sister, RJD had passed away, she teared up and said he loved those comics. She was surprised they had survived at all, as much as he read them. The Flash 14, just a cool Flash cover. The Boy 19 is one of my favorite Boys. Not the favorite but up there. p><p> <a  href=SCAN0043_zps0f0e03b9.jpg' alt='SCAN0043_

SCAN0045_zpsb4af1dd2.jpg

SCAN0044_zpscf8edce8.jpg

SCAN0042_zps370819f0.jpg

Robot Man]Hi Howard. Cool books especially the Cap. I didn't know you collected GA. Keep 'em coming. You need to get a "Paul" book for your "name" collection. Are you going to be at the Toy Show tomorrow? Or Terry's the week after?

Thanks Bob. I have a few. I will keep posting. Nah. Not this year. To much going on around here. Maybe next year.

A few More from my Collection. Bill talked about writing. I decided it would be a good time to show a couple of my writers. Cap 30 has writing. Who Cares. lol The Cavalcade #4 was from the RJD Collection. He was a collector that bought them off the rack. He documented, where, time, date and sometime a reason he bought them. A lot of times it is done on a coupon inside the book. When my buddy was buying them from his sister, RJD had passed away, she teared up and said he loved those comics. She was surprised they had survived at all, as much as he read them. The Flash 14, just a cool Flash cover. The Boy 19 is one of my favorite Boys. Not the favorite but up there. :applause:

A few more for your viewing pleasure. The Cap has printer miss cuts. The Person didn't like that. So it was a nice deal for me.

SCAN0051_zpsb77c5c3c.jpg

SCAN0050_zpsfe88afdb.jpg

SCAN0053_zps1ef6787d.jpg

SCAN0052_zpsec97c025.jpg

I like 'em all :)

ME TOO!

mm