• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

My copy of Jumbo 47 has Paul written on it. Does it count as part of the collection?

16053256658_6e604adcab_h.jpg

I have forgotten the source of the Jumbo 47 but I think It is from a more recent lot that I purchased off ebay.

I'll check my records to see if it is listed on an invoice.

My first two purchases of the NEW YEAR hath arrived at the residence!!! Thanks again fellow boardies!!! (worship) Just opened the well packaged Speed and its late here in Cleveland so couldnt take the best of pics and my scanner does slabs horrendously but I was just too excited not to give it a photo op!!

16186468421_0e875e68fe_c.jpg

16215614166_4934cc0675_c.jpg

Congrats Gino! When you PM'd me about the book, I had no idea it was a done thing! Well this is my 1000th post and it couldn't be to a more nicer guy. Youve always great things to say about all the collectors and collections here so here's a big hand(s) to you for two SUPER acquisitions!! The Harvey line needs a thread. If there isn't one already, I can't think of a better book to kick it off GIno. And the FF, you know I love Ace almost as much as I love MLJ's and Looney Tunes! Sweet! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

thanks Corey my friend that's much appreciated dude!!!! I certainly will either dig up the old one if I can find it or start a new one!! I'm in the process of getting a new iMac desktop bc my old ones running pretty slow these days so all my posts have been from either my phone or my iPad but when I do I will make that happen they have a nice little lineup of books I'm sure all would enjoy seeing and sharing!!

Speed was a pretty good comic. A lot of work by Schroeder, Schomburg, Elgin, Rice and Powell and others. This Splash from Speed 36 brings up a familiar topic.

16062582737_6b1b50b70d_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

My first two purchases of the NEW YEAR hath arrived at the residence!!! Thanks again fellow boardies!!! (worship) Just opened the well packaged Speed and its late here in Cleveland so couldnt take the best of pics and my scanner does slabs horrendously but I was just too excited not to give it a photo op!!

Congrats Gino! When you PM'd me about the book, I had no idea it was a done thing! Well this is my 1000th post and it couldn't be to a more nicer guy. Youve always great things to say about all the collectors and collections here so here's a big hand(s) to you for two SUPER acquisitions!! The Harvey line needs a thread. If there isn't one already, I can't think of a better book to kick it off GIno. And the FF, you know I love Ace almost as much as I love MLJ's and Looney Tunes! Sweet! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

thanks Corey my friend that's much appreciated dude!!!! I certainly will either dig up the old one if I can find it or start a new one!! I'm in the process of getting a new iMac desktop bc my old ones running pretty slow these days so all my posts have been from either my phone or my iPad but when I do I will make that happen they have a nice little lineup of books I'm sure all would enjoy seeing and sharing!!

Speed was a pretty good comic. A lot of work by Schroeder, Schomburg, Elgin, Rice and Powell and others. This Splash from Speed 36 brings up a familiar topic.

16062582737_6b1b50b70d_b.jpg

Great post BB. But you and Gino are tempting me. Lord knows I can't afford to start a run on another publisher right now. lol (focus Corey. Remain focused!)

That Speed is incredible! I have never seen it before. :applause:

Heh, Robot Man,

in fact Gino went after it when I showed the story after purchasing my copy. :D

Here’s a "wishing well" for him to land a better one if he loves it (and I am sure he will!) :wishluck:

Way to go! My kind of books. I've been looking to complete my Speeds and that one is close to the top of the list. Those 20's numbers are impossible to find in any shape. Wait until you open up that Four Favorites. It's got a Classic L B Cole Hitler story that is hard to top.