• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

No, it's regular comic book pulp stock used for the interior pages of GA books. In hand, it's a little darker than the scan of the front page and a little lighter than the scan of the back page.

No, it's regular comic book pulp stock used for the interior pages of GA books. In hand, it's a little darker than the scan of the front page and a little lighter than the scan of the back page.

Thanks for sharing!

I want more of those "bad comics".

Oooh, you like those bad comics that are put through a stiff examination by the firms, do ya?

If you are taking a poll it would be hard for me to disagree with buttock.

This would be a more accurate rendering of the two old biddy's who were harassing the news vendor.

HWyRjJX.jpg

Look again; one of those women is Lois Lane, who is undoubtedly undercover to gather material for a biting expose to run in the Daily Planet.

This would be a more accurate rendering of the two old biddy's who were harassing the news vendor.

Look again; one of those women is Lois Lane, who is undoubtedly undercover to gather material for a biting expose to run in the Daily Planet.

The other one is a hypocrite who, after harassing the news vendor, went home and pored over her stash of Rudolph Valentino nude bondage photos.

I want more of those "bad comics".

Oooh, you like those bad comics that are put through a stiff examination by the firms, do ya?

If you are taking a poll it would be hard for me to disagree with buttock.

:roflmao:(worship)

I'm back in the Golden Age club. I used to own several GA books when I was younger but sadly sold them.

I've been working on my SA books for the past several years and decided to jump in with a book i've loved since I was 7 years old.

I'm still looking to upgrade and might even restore this copy (opinions?)

Superman%203%20front_zpsc11bhmnl.jpg

I'm back in the Golden Age club. I used to own several GA books when I was younger but sadly sold them.

I've been working on my SA books for the past several years and decided to jump in with a book i've loved since I was 7 years old.

Great book. One of my favorite GA covers.

I would lean toward locating a higher grade copy rather than restoring this one. Restoration is both expensive and very time consuming. Typically, you would not get back your expenses if you were to decide to sell the book after restoration.

Great book. One of my favorite GA covers.

I would lean toward locating a higher grade copy rather than restoring this one. Restoration is both expensive and very time consuming. Typically, you would not get back your expenses if you were to decide to sell the book after restoration.

+1 - I've always loved the train on the cover!

Don't restore that book. It's not an easy book to find in any condition, so a low grade unrestored will do better in the long run if you have to sell it.

Also, it presents a lot better than most 1.5s I've seen.

Cool giveaway that I hadn't seen before.

What a cool give away. Never heard of it. Anybody ever see a piece of original art with that approval stamp on it?

I have some pages with it. It's fairly common, often on the back of the page.

Thanks guys. I think the general concensus is to not restore it. I'm just concerned that tape is going to eat away at the book eventually but you are right. It's best to leave it alone.

I'm a happy camper with it.