• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

And here's a title that doesn't get much love around here, unless it's a really early issue...but i like this cover.  Question:  Why does Midnight look exactly like the Spirit?

15922984234_00d6d6f321_c.jpg

Because they are twins separated at birth?  (:

Midnight was a deliberate imitation of the Spirit. Busy Arnold wanted a backup in case anything happened to Eisner. 

Lovely colors on the book!

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Midnight was a deliberate imitation of the Spirit. Busy Arnold wanted a backup in case anything happened to Eisner. 

Thank you.  I looked that up on Wikipedia.  Evidently they were worried that Eisner might get killed in the war...

11 hours ago, Supernerd said:

Still trying to figure out the most efficient way to upload clean images on the new boards. Consider this a test :)

58a5c52fa8e4f_prize18sizetest3.thumb.jpg.72c9cf8cbd60d3dd09988f9fe4d3be90.jpg

Spectacular! Being all unslabbed and all, it would be great to see some interior shots!  ?

On 2/14/2017 at 8:01 PM, adamstrange said:

On 2/14/2017 at 11:10 PM, tricolorbrian said:

Thank you.  I looked that up on Wikipedia.  Evidently they were worried that Eisner might get killed in the war...

Hmm. That makes some sense. But if the artist who drew Midnight (in this case, Alex Kotsky) was able to replicate the Spirit so well, then couldn't Kotzky just have worked on the Spirit, in the event of Eisner's untimely demise?

9 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:
10 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hmm. That makes some sense. But if the artist who drew Midnight (in this case, Alex Kotsky) was able to replicate the Spirit so well, then couldn't Kotzky just have worked on the Spirit, in the event of Eisner's untimely demise?

(shrug)

Copyright issue, maybe? hm

12 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Eisner owned The Spirit. I have always been curious why he didn't have a problem with Busy Arnold copying his character.