• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,398 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Fantastic! I love how the lady is completely unfazed by the brawl, calmly poised with knife in hand.

Thx! Comicjack posted one in the GGA thread and I instantly started researching ... Gerber 7, hmmm..... Found a few sales, mostly over guide....found this copy available from DTA, graded fine by them, and though I am more inclined to call it a 5.0 than a 6.0, it was a reasonable ask either way based on what I had seen, and they came down a bit. Great to do business with! Just a handful on the registry.

Sorry for the bad photo here, I'm still figuring out the new photo format.

I've had this Detective Picture Stories 5 cover for a while and picked up an interior last week (missing CF unfortunately).

Pretty happy to have married together a tough comic.  Anyone have a CF for me?

P1120733.JPG

P1120735.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Sorry for the bad photo here, I'm still figuring out the new photo format.

I've had this Detective Picture Stories 5 cover for a while and picked up an interior last week (missing CF unfortunately).

Pretty happy to have married together a tough comic.  Anyone have a CF for me?

P1120733.JPG

P1120735.JPG

Cool book.  Finding a cf may be tough. 

I try to save this thread for the best I find.  After 10+ years of looking for this one I FINALLY got a near impossible book. :banana:No GPA sales. No HA sales. Debut of major characters and only four copies on census.  I will have it in hand later this week and quote this with the pic. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

41 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I try to save this thread for the best I find.  After 10+ years of looking for this one I FINALLY got a near impossible book. :banana:No GPA sales. No HA sales. Debut of major characters and only four copies on census.  I will have it in hand later this week and quote this with the pic. 

Congrats Rick i look forward to it!!! Love them rare ones!!

4 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Speaking of tough I was FINALLY able to knock this one off of the want list last night!! Not in hand yet but scan was pretty good I think i started at least a couple WTBs for this one with never even a lead...

V-Comics #2 cgc 4.0

Wow! Awesome book. 

Diabolical looking torture device.  

6 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Speaking of tough I was FINALLY able to knock this one off of the want list last night!! Not in hand yet but scan was pretty good I think i started at least a couple WTBs for this one with never even a lead...

V-Comics #2 cgc 4.0

Your hitting high gear !

On 2/17/2017 at 8:57 PM, Readcomix said:

That is awesome cool!:applause:

I realize about Gerber; I keep the salt shaker next to them. I'm just wondering about anyone else's perspective on Foxholes -- are they common as  a 4 suggests and I just don't know it, or are they not seen that often, like I think?

All are fairly scarce in my experience. I lucked out I think and picked up a #1 and #4 several years ago from the same ebay seller, then a #2 about a year after that. Finally found a decent #3 last year or so. 

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

V-Comics #2 cgc 4.0

:golfclap: Super grab Gino! That's three virtually unseen Fox books back to back if I'm counting right, right?

Since you really like the publisher there are some really  tough 46-47 issues from the funny animal/humor era right before they were converted to the jungle genre books. A lot of gerber no shows and 8's. I'll pm you after my work day today with a short list.

Again, excellent collection. Just think, only 20 or so more years before CC presents the 'Gino collection' :D

9 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

(thumbsu

9 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wow! Awesome book. 

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

Your hitting high gear !

1 hour ago, Sagii said:

:golfclap: Super grab Gino! That's three virtually unseen Fox books back to back if I'm counting right, right?

Since you really like the publisher there are some really  tough 46-47 issues from the funny animal/humor era right before they were converted to the jungle genre books. A lot of gerber no shows and 8's. I'll pm you after my work day today with a short list.

Again, excellent collection. Just think, only 20 or so more years before CC presents the 'Gino collection' :D

Thanks so much gentlemen I am REALLY stoked about this one!! sorry i'm still trying to figure out how to quote people but i think i got it down. You guys want to see something really cool check out some of the interior work particularly the splashes on this issue some are pretty darn neat!!

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=40518

As far as high gear i think i'm topping out brothers I cant imagine finding 3 more books in a row like this that i've wanted so badly I have been really lucky/blessed for sure. I'm going to enjoy these for a long long time and Corey i can see it now except i don't think they'd call it the, "Gino Collection" i think it would be aptly named, "the Bottom Barrel collection" where the highest grade is a 4.0. They could say, "Never before has someone went to such great lengths to string together such low grade material!!" :D

11 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

V-Comics #2 cgc 4.0

That's off the hook Gino! In all my years collecting, I have never landed any of those. I believe there is a club kit offered in one of those called The V Club for Boys. I have never seen the ad or the items offered. Real nice copy. You're coming up in the world.

14 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

V-Comics #2 cgc 4.0

14 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wow! Awesome book. 

Great one, Gino!!

From what I can tell, it looks like the man wielding the diabolical torture device was formerly a victim of said device; his left eye is out of action. Kinda like this I suppose --> :wink:

14 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

V-Comics #2 cgc 4.0

Very cool!

Thanks so much guys!! and RM I wouldn't mind finding the sweater emblem, The numbered membership or identification card, or the Code-Card out in the wild that would be sweet for sure!! if i ever do see one of them i will let you know and buy it then send it to ya on the house just for having such a sweet collection already!! I can't think of a more deserving stockpile for it to be in if we ever dig one up (thumbsu

V-Comics #2V-Comics #2