• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,390 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tricolorbrian said:

Gerber was off on many things...use the scarcity index with a grain of salt...

I also got this in 1974 for 25cents...from the OO, and then had Kirby sign it...yeah, a time machine would be nice...that antique store had a box full of war comics for a quarter each, and i only bought two of them...:cry:

16573514482_b13b467935_c.jpg

Striking colors and that autograph is really special.  I'm gonna have to add this book to my want list...

10 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Gerber was off on many things...use the scarcity index with a grain of salt...

I also got this in 1974 for 25cents...from the OO, and then had Kirby sign it...yeah, a time machine would be nice...that antique store had a box full of war comics for a quarter each, and i only bought two of them...:cry:

16573514482_b13b467935_c.jpg

That is SPECIAL right there!! 

7 hours ago, Supernerd said:

Awesome find! Congratulations! I've always been a big fan of this Classic PTSD Cover.

Thx! I've been looking at the image in "The Art of Jack Kirby" for years without ever seeing an actual copy. To be flipping through a ragged stack of Dells and DC's at an antique shop (nothing special) and come across this made my day. Not like a Suspense 8 (congrats Jack!) but pretty cool. Especially when it's that unexpected find in the midst of a pile that's not so special as you flip through.

2 hours ago, october said:

Happy to snag these and add to my ever growing Evil Clown with Morning Star sub-collection.

001%204_zpspvjhf92r.jpg

001%203_zpsoj24ih6c.jpg

Awesome covers!!! These clowns looKs more demented than the joker himself....yikes??

On 2/18/2017 at 4:47 PM, october said:

Happy to snag these and add to my ever growing Evil Clown with Morning Star sub-collection.

001%204_zpspvjhf92r.jpg

001%203_zpsoj24ih6c.jpg

On 2/18/2017 at 7:46 PM, SushiX said:

Awesome covers!!! These clowns looKs more demented than the joker himself....yikes??

Beautiful books. Though they tend to bring out my latent coulrophobia.  ?