• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Timely said:

25 years later & the guy in the red cape (Stormy Foster) could be mistaken for Dr. Strange! hm

Dr. Strange in hot pants.  Maybe he's headed for a dip in the pool? 

11 hours ago, szavisca said:

Put this in the wrong thread at first I think....lets try this again.  Happy  to pick up this underappreciated Baker cover recently...one of his oldest too as far as I know and maybe even qualifies as his first romance cover.

Cover to cover Baker art inside too...Lorna's assets fully on display in the interior...I'm stoked about this one...hope it doesn't come back trimmed when I submit, I'm not the best judge of that.

ClassicComics32front.jpg

ClassicComicsinner3.jpg

Never understood why this book isn't more popular among Baker fans. 

16 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Great cover that has a Lou Fine-ish quality to it.

Crandall was young at the time (25 years or so), but what a talent. 

Also, what a sad life - he became an alcoholic and apparently was working for Pizza Hut as a janitor before suffering a stroke.

Wow, I didn't know that. What a sad thing. What was it about working in this industry? Bob Wood, Jack Cole, Wally Wood, Joe Maneely, Matt Baker and probably others died in such tragic ways.

54 minutes ago, path4play said:

Broke down and snagged this book, an interesting history around it and who remembers Dorothy Lamour?

71320171.jpg

Can you say more about its history? I don't know the backstory, but I have seen the book here and there and wondered about it. How's the interior?

Just now, bounty_coder said:

Just watch out, the fire hydrants and headlights are pointy and blinding around here...

I did notice the wiener dog is giving the fire hydrant the same look the kid is giving the blonde...

16 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Never understood why this book isn't more popular among Baker fans. 

Was thinking the same thing. Plenty on the bay, of course not all lowest HRN, but all HRN's offered at affordable levels. Added to my watch list!

Try to aim for the original edition.  The later reprints all cut several pages of art according to Overstreet. 

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Try to aim for the original edition.  The later reprints all cut several pages of art according to Overstreet. 

Thank you; was planning to, but did not know that and could have easily otherwise pulled the trigger on an affordable nice looking later copy.