• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,445 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2022 at 9:40 AM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up this book from the owner of Tomorrow's Treasures (https://tomorrowstreasures.com/). I paid a little more than GPA, but this was a book that I really wanted, so that didn't really bother me.

I view this book as being in the Atomic Age, but most people don't tend to use that term. It's clear to me now that I will have to budget more for my GA purchases, if I hope to get at least one book in the various categories I am interested in. It makes things even more difficult where you want to obtain all these books in pre-code form.

For everyone who has been keeping along with me, I now have 22 GA comics.

.WF71.thumb.jpg.1076228ed305f28458126f1cd7185ff2.jpg

:applause:always liked that one. 

Congrats!

On 4/12/2022 at 6:40 AM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up this book from the owner of Tomorrow's Treasures (https://tomorrowstreasures.com/). I paid a little more than GPA, but this was a book that I really wanted, so that didn't really bother me.

I view this book as being in the Atomic Age, but most people don't tend to use that term. It's clear to me now that I will have to budget more for my GA purchases, if I hope to get at least one book in the various categories I am interested in. It makes things even more difficult where you want to obtain all these books in pre-code form.

For everyone who has been keeping along with me, I now have 22 GA comics.

.WF71.thumb.jpg.1076228ed305f28458126f1cd7185ff2.jpg

Good choice and presents well for the grade. Your approach makes a lot of sense in this current market. Seek out the books you want and buy them in grades you feel comfortable with.

And Ritchie has always been a little aggressive price wise but is a good guy and comes up with great stuff. Sometimes in person compliment the NY Mets for maybe a little better discount…:roflmao:

On 4/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Picked these up also.  Cool books manufactured with different interiors from remaindered copies.  I can’t figure out what issue the guts in the Blazing 5 belong to.  The top of the pages all say Cloak and Dagger.  Googled some of the story names, but nothing came up. The guts in the 6 are from Colossal Features Magazine 3, which is cool. 

ADD87367-25FB-4982-B0C2-B3E1CE940B8F.jpeg

D8B4A1D9-A168-4D99-8F91-4B4E5F2385E3.jpeg

BFE6C3EA-7742-4B1A-BBF9-AACAD60F0902.jpeg

FBD651B7-C059-4F5F-AE56-9BA97746EB00.jpeg

There is a Ziff Davis Cloak & Dagar I believe. Might want to check that one. I have a few of those. From memory, I think most of them have Fox comics inside.