• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Late 40's DC are prob. my faves. They really matured to a point of excellence there I feel.

I've just got in some high number Flash as well that I'm currently going through, and wow...these books are loaded! :cloud9:

(very cool Eh! by the way)

I prefer late 40s DCs as well - better writing - and Toth, Kubert and Sprang art :cloud9:

Is there a database somewhere that shows who were the artists on the high number Flash Comics?

I'm just blown away by these books... :cloud9::cloud9:

Late 40's DC are prob. my faves. They really matured to a point of excellence there I feel.

I've just got in some high number Flash as well that I'm currently going through, and wow...these books are loaded! :cloud9:

(very cool Eh! by the way)

I prefer late 40s DCs as well - better writing - and Toth, Kubert and Sprang art :cloud9:

Is there a database somewhere that shows who were the artists on the high number Flash Comics?

I'm just blown away by these books... :cloud9::cloud9:

Looks like GCD has fairly complete credits. Kubert, Toth, Infantino , and Hasen are the main artists in Flash, All Flash, All Star and GL from this time period. The stories are proto-Silver Age with solid writing/editing by Mayer, Kanigher and Schwartz.

link

Here's my Trolley copy of National #7 just back from CGC:

3122622772_e251478843_b.jpg

:angel:

Happy Holidays everyone! (thumbs u

GE

So YOU are the one that scored that book. I shouldn't have snoozed on it.

:pullhair:

My bid must have beat you by a whisker!

National 7 has been on my want list for...well, forever. Finally found a solid mid-grade :cloud9:

3122647776_c021acbd45_b.jpg

Not as spectacular as most of the books being posted but I just scanned a few of my books I found in my closet....

CaptainMarvelJr80.jpg

ComicsOnParade43.jpg

FamousFunnies48.jpg

heading to the first closet down the hall; gonna check them all to see if there are any misplaced pedigrees covered up by sometheing within.

lol...good one...but just so I fit in a little better I just bought this off Ebay since I was bored.... :devil:

Looked like a pretty cool cover which is one of my big requirements. It's a littel later in the GA then I typically like to delve but the price was right so what the heck !!!

195505784_o.jpg

lol...good one...but just so I fit in a little better I just bought this off Ebay since I was bored.... :devil:

Looked like a pretty cool cover which is one of my big requirements. It's a littel later in the GA then I typically like to delve but the price was right so what the heck !!!

195505784_o.jpg

LOVE that book krypt. the cover is actually a reprint of a chesler splash page [punch 10]. i'd show it, but mine is entombed. what a great looking copy. just one more book in the run, so go grab you a pretty 2.

Zip Jet 1...a classic!

This just arrived, fresh on the heels of the AA90 yesterday...

AllAmer89.jpg

Not that I was really looking, but I just don't recall seeing these late 40's DC books showing up that often. (shrug)

even tougher are the early to mid 50's DC.... but, I think that AA 75-102 is quite a challenge, and I congratulate you on your pickup!

Yeehaw, recent Ebay win. This one has nice bright greens, blues & reds orange, I've seen a few copies that were all faded out. Bonus feature: heroic use of a fire-extinguisher lol

Black Terror #10

May 1945

blackterror10.jpg

very pretty

Zip Jet 1...a classic!

This just arrived, fresh on the heels of the AA90 yesterday...

AllAmer89.jpg

Not that I was really looking, but I just don't recall seeing these late 40's DC books showing up that often. (shrug)

even tougher are the early to mid 50's DC.... but, I think that AA 75-102 is quite a challenge, and I congratulate you on your pickup!

I completely agree! The further away from 1945 you get, the tougher the super hero books get up until 1956 or so.