• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,394 posts in this topic

I sure can't concentrate today. Uploading some recent wins (seller's scans) will help, right?

Here's an unusual quartet of Golden (or Atomic) age ACGs. Operation: Peril 1, 3, 4 and 7, a title that you (or maybe I) don't see very often. Classic Ogden Whitney covers.

Possible Short Bus fodder rescued by the bizarre scene on #4. An astronaut and his hot red-headed babe attacked by aliens. Nothing unusual there except that the aliens look like they're visiting from a Sprang Batman cover, the woman is shooting one of them at close range with a good ol' pistol, and her man is delivering another one an all-American punch in the schnozz. That'll teach 'em! My favorite cover of the run.

opperil4.jpg

Cool books. I especially like the #4 :)

Thanks, Bill (and Matt earlier).

Offbeat series. #4 is my favorite too. Now that I missed out on #9 I'll probably end up hunting for it and paying more than the copy that got away %^&@!

Jack

Way to go, Steve. That's a run (Harlequin covers) I've contemplated pursuing! There's something about those late 40's female characters that really appeal to me. I'm a big fan of Sun Girl, Miss America, Golden Girl, Blonde Phantom & Namora as well. Harlequin works for my D.C. femme fatale. <3 :luhv: <3

Thnx Bob - I'm starting to get hooked, as well. :cloud9:

you are making me want to track down all the Harlequin covers! :frustrated:

Pardon me sir - please allow me to assuage your anguish with this (another new arrival yesterday - why, it's just like Christmas!):

AllAmer92.jpg

First time I have seen someone post a copy of that book here, very cool cover. :applause:

Offbeat series. #4 is my favorite too. Now that I missed out on #9 I'll probably end up hunting for it and paying more than the copy that got away %^&@!

Jack

Ahhh, that fantastic "blast the gonads" # 9 OP. Still, the Whitney story is neat.

# 1 is my fav of the batch too (thumbs u

70653.jpg.efe56f906dc81b576cb3c84247a99abd.jpg

70654.jpg.e46f062a99eb75a842b98e6c5da249ed.jpg

That's the one! Your copy? Is it a "month book"?

I give the edge to #4 over #1 because it's so ridiculous.

The tiger story looks like it belongs in #7. Apparently Whitney liked to draw leaping tigers.

Jack

Jack

Ahhh, that fantastic "blast the gonads" # 9 OP. Still, the Whitney story is neat.

# 1 is my fav of the batch too (thumbs u

Way to go, Steve. That's a run (Harlequin covers) I've contemplated pursuing! There's something about those late 40's female characters that really appeal to me. I'm a big fan of Sun Girl, Miss America, Golden Girl, Blonde Phantom & Namora as well. Harlequin works for my D.C. femme fatale. <3 :luhv: <3

Thnx Bob - I'm starting to get hooked, as well. :cloud9:

you are making me want to track down all the Harlequin covers! :frustrated:

Pardon me sir - please allow me to assuage your anguish with this (another new arrival yesterday - why, it's just like Christmas!):

AllAmer92.jpg

First time I have seen someone post a copy of that book here, very cool cover. :applause:

I love all those "unpopular" DC books - All-American, Comic Cavalcade, Leading, but garish Green Lantern costume seems to make for some eye-popping colors on those later AAs. Keep em coming.

here are the other two, which are much later. crippen copy on the top, and, obviously, the twilight on the bottom. i think there are 3 more feature/mandrakes, which i will have to get. if i grow weary of them, i know ciorac will be glad to take them off my hands, as he is gaga for magician books.

mandrake.jpg

featurebook46.jpg

here are the other two, which are much later. crippen copy on the top, and, obviously, the twilight on the bottom. i think there are 3 more feature/mandrakes, which i will have to get. if i grow weary of them, i know ciorac will be glad to take them off my hands, as he is gaga for magician books.

mandrake.jpg

featurebook46.jpg

You are so right! I've dusted off space for all three in my GA box just for them.

:)

You are so right! I've dusted off space for all three in my GA box just for them.

well, dust off a little more space; merry christmas to me, as when i did an ebay search this bad boy popped up. who was i to say no?

featurebook55.jpg

well, dust off a little more space; merry christmas to me, as when i did an ebay search this bad boy popped up. who was i to say no?

featurebook55.jpg

:applause:

featurebook55.jpg

thank you sir. i'll bring them to ponscon for your viewing pleasure.

featurebook55.jpg

thank you sir. i'll bring them to ponscon for your viewing pleasure.

Looking forward to seeing them. :)

just picked up what i believe to be the oldest book in my collection, feature book 23 from 1938. goes nicely with a couple other mandrake covers i have. cool OLD book.

featurebook23-1.jpg

Beauty - I have only one Feature Book (a D ick Tracy), but they are very cool.