• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

The late 40's DC goodness just keeps rollin' in: :banana::headbang:

AllAmer91.jpg

AllAmer93.jpg

Way to go, Steve. That's a run (Harlequin covers) I've contemplated pursuing! There's something about those late 40's female characters that really appeal to me. I'm a big fan of Sun Girl, Miss America, Golden Girl, Blonde Phantom & Namora as well. Harlequin works for my D.C. femme fatale. <3 :luhv: <3

Way to go, Steve. That's a run (Harlequin covers) I've contemplated pursuing! There's something about those late 40's female characters that really appeal to me. I'm a big fan of Sun Girl, Miss America, Golden Girl, Blonde Phantom & Namora as well. Harlequin works for my D.C. femme fatale. <3 :luhv: <3

Thnx Bob - I'm starting to get hooked, as well. :cloud9:

you are making me want to track down all the Harlequin covers! :frustrated:

Pardon me sir - please allow me to assuage your anguish with this (another new arrival yesterday - why, it's just like Christmas!):

AllAmer92.jpg

Pardon me sir - please allow me to assuage your anguish with this (another new arrival yesterday - why, it's just like Christmas!):

AllAmer92.jpg

Dang it Steve :pullhair:

Stay in your own league! Stick to Larsons and other high grade issues. Now you've started swimming in my end of the pool :cry:

AllAmer92.jpg

Dang it Steve :pullhair:

Stay in your own league! Stick to Larsons and other high grade issues. Now you've started swimming in my end of the pool :cry:

I was thinking the same thing...I love that range of books in the grades steve's got them!

And the water is just fine (well good to very good, at least). :grin:

I was thinking the same thing...I love that range of books in the grades steve's got them!

These books are too hard to find, and if in condition, too expensive. So I'm happy with readers (and what great reads they are!).

Here's the last (and best shape) of the bunch that I obtained yesterday:

AllAmer96.jpg

Oh, did I mention the same-era Flash Comics I've picked up?... :devil:

These books are too hard to find, and if in condition, too expensive. So I'm happy with readers (and what great reads they are!).

AllAmer96.jpg

the "superhero" is jumping through a necklace on this one, with a canine at his side. if the dog's last name is dickles, i DO NOT want to know.

I sure can't concentrate today. Uploading some recent wins (seller's scans) will help, right?

Here's an unusual quartet of Golden (or Atomic) age ACGs. Operation: Peril 1, 3, 4 and 7, a title that you (or maybe I) don't see very often. Classic Ogden Whitney covers.

Unusual layout on #1 with all the white space showing off a killer dust shadow.

opperil1.jpg

Some violent Red Chinese Commie-bashing on #3. Mow 'im down!

opperil3.jpg

Possible Short Bus fodder rescued by the bizarre scene on #4. An astronaut and his hot red-headed babe attacked by aliens. Nothing unusual there except that the aliens look like they're visiting from a Sprang Batman cover, the woman is shooting one of them at close range with a good ol' pistol, and her man is delivering another one an all-American punch in the schnozz. That'll teach 'em! My favorite cover of the run.

opperil4.jpg

#7 is relatively mundane with just a pair of Cro-Magnon types manhandling the hot redhead from #4 and a saber-toothed tiger sailing overhead.

opperil7.jpg

I regret missing out on #9 with some wild space lizards on a black background, but you can't win them all (well, some of you can but I can't).

Jack

AllAmer96.jpg

That book rarely pops up for sale.

Oh and regarding the Flash :sumo:

I sure can't concentrate today. Uploading some recent wins (seller's scans) will help, right?

Here's an unusual quartet of Golden (or Atomic) age ACGs. Operation: Peril 1, 3, 4 and 7, a title that you (or maybe I) don't see very often. Classic Ogden Whitney covers.

Unusual layout on #1 with all the white space showing off a killer dust shadow.

opperil1.jpg

Some violent Red Chinese Commie-bashing on #3. Mow 'im down!

opperil3.jpg

Possible Short Bus fodder rescued by the bizarre scene on #4. An astronaut and his hot red-headed babe attacked by aliens. Nothing unusual there except that the aliens look like they're visiting from a Sprang Batman cover, the woman is shooting one of them at close range with a good ol' pistol, and her man is delivering another one an all-American punch in the schnozz. That'll teach 'em! My favorite cover of the run.

opperil4.jpg

#7 is relatively mundane with just a pair of Cro-Magnon types manhandling the hot redhead from #4 and a saber-toothed tiger sailing overhead.

opperil7.jpg

I regret missing out on #9 with some wild space lizards on a black background, but you can't win them all (well, some of you can but I can't).

Jack

Cool books. I especially like the #4 :)