• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Very cool!

Wolverton, Kirby, and Feldstein! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, all. Even comic people who see the wall in person don't ID the Wolverton. It was the last panel I colored, and, by that point I was looking for something easier. I started with the EC splash and that took me forever, because I was coloring each separate color on its own layer. The far right is actually John Buscema.

Not exactly a "comic room" per se, this is the wall of the prepress room at my office. The comic panels were scanned as black-and-white and colored in Photoshop. I then ran the colored layers through a screening filter to get the Lichtenstein effect. (I know they're fairly random.. that's actually what I wanted.) They were printed on smooth vinyl on an eco-solvent printer and applied to the wall with wallpaper glue.

People seem to dig it, and it lets us fly our geek flag.

ncgwall2.jpg

ncgwall1.jpg

dude, you have to give me details how to do that!

most excellent!

gator

Very cool!

Thanks, all. Even comic people who see the wall in person don't ID the Wolverton. It was the last panel I colored, and, by that point I was looking for something easier. I started with the EC splash and that took me forever, because I was coloring each separate color on its own layer. The far right is actually John Buscema.

blush.gif Ooops!

Not exactly a "comic room" per se, this is the wall of the prepress room at my office. The comic panels were scanned as black-and-white and colored in Photoshop. I then ran the colored layers through a screening filter to get the Lichtenstein effect. (I know they're fairly random.. that's actually what I wanted.) They were printed on smooth vinyl on an eco-solvent printer and applied to the wall with wallpaper glue.

People seem to dig it, and it lets us fly our geek flag.

ncgwall2.jpg

ncgwall1.jpg

Awesome Roger!! I have a room that that would look fantastic in! Come on over..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Very cool!

I was going to impress the hell out of everyone by mentioning the Wolverton panel, but then Adam came along and stole my thunder. 893censored-thumb.gif

That is SOOOOOO FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!!!

My comics room is now doubling as a crafts room for my kids (Don't worry, the books and everything are safely stored in a locked closet. I'll post pictures soon.) But this is the technique that will tie everything together.

So cool. I'm doing it.

Shep

I thought that I would post a few updated pics of our Dining room / Kitchen area.

I have shown the Avengers Litho previously but the signed Kirby drawn Captain America art is new.

Kristy is great. She lets me fly the geek flag with some pride. I have been told that this is enough for most of the house however.

1860451-P6250128.JPG

1860451-P6250132.JPG

1860451-P6250133.JPG

1860451-P6250130.JPG

1860451-P6250130.JPG.2c5b2e2aef441785ec3ce93d864bb6d1.JPG

Is that the Cap print that was on Heritage a few months back?

thumbsup2.gif

There have been 2 come copies up at Heritage over the last few years. The first was listed as signed by Jack Kirby & the seond was not.

Imagine how I felt when it turned up & I was expecting it to be without any signatures & finding it actually has both pieces signed by the great man acclaim.gif

hi.gifRuss...