• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

Yeah 97% is what I think they are rated for which is why most of my stuff is high up enough so direct light doesn't hit them. They are not completely safe but far better than if I had no protection. It's prolly selfish of me but I like to see my stuff rather than it sit in a box and yes I do what I want. ;)

With my company closing in a couple of months, we had a silent auction at work yesterday. I was able to pick up 19 pieces (Four 10-drawer file cabinets, Five 5-drawer file cabinets, Six 4-drawer file cabinets, 2 shelving units and 2 drawer units) for $118.00. Add the cost of a U-Haul cargo van and I spent only $200 for the entire lot.

I've taken before pictures of the comic room and I'm in the process of cleaning and spray painting most of the file cabinets. Once I'm done with the remake of the room I'll post the before and after pictures. (thumbs u

Update - one shelving unit is in place. Stereo on top with comic price guides, TPB's and Treasury Editions down below. One drawer unit is in place with backing boards & sleeves and miscellaneous packing materials in it. The 5-drawer legal size file cabinets are assembled in the middle of the room with the foamboard dividers now in place. It will be nice once I get these filled with comics. :grin:

murals are cool. I cant wait. :) What kind are you thinking of doing ?

I'm having a hard time deciding. I definitely want a GSXM 1 done - thinking of doing a mixed mural with a bunch of characters. I suppose I should get the first 2x4 in place first though... lol

Dunno why i'm bothering to post this, cuz it's stupid compared to everybody elses stuff - plus, it's only one side of my room... My comic collection is on the far shelf, as you'll see... My CGC's are on the other side of the room tho, lol!

79409.jpg.1c33edf03034704f460bd86b0b1369c8.jpg

Dunno why i'm bothering to post this, cuz it's stupid compared to everybody elses stuff - plus, it's only one side of my room... My comic collection is on the far shelf, as you'll see... My CGC's are on the other side of the room tho, lol!

Looks like a pretty cool room. Who cares what everyone elses stuff looks like. You are probably a young guy, think how much more cool stuff you can accumulate over the years. (thumbs u

To each person.. a comic room will be different, two comics on your wall are good enough to make it as your place of Zen, and a comic room. I can't afford a Spiderman pinball machine, or have the room for it for that matter but, it's all about my little corner in this crazy world..you have that... (thumbs u

To each person.. a comic room will be different, two comics on your wall are good enough to make it as your place of Zen, and a comic room. I can't afford a Spiderman pinball machine, or have the room for it for that matter but, it's all about my little corner in this crazy world..you have that... (thumbs u

:applause: Very well said Ches (thumbs u

This is my favorite thread in the Comics General forume, actually it's the only reason I check this forum. I love all the ideas for storages, protection and the freakin awesome rooms :cloud9:.

Keep it coming!