• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

These ducklings appeared on the cover of what comic?

quiz08_8_1.jpg

Whee Comics

(Modern Store Publishing, 1955)

^^

Congratulations, Jack!!!

whee_1.jpg

Note the 7¢ cover price.

never heard of it :sorry:

...and you call yourself a comic detective. rolleyes.gif

:baiting:

Looks like there were two sets of 3 books sold in packs in variety stores, based on reading between the lines at GCD. Whee's not in Gerber, and I bet the others aren't either.

Do you have them all? (Some covers at GCD need replacing.)

Jack

Edited by selegue

...and you call yourself a comic detective. rolleyes.gif

:baiting:

given the quite painfully obvious fact that I have yet to win a single contest, call me the comic "pathetic"...

that said, I did go back to page 1 of the thread and start over :cloud9:

^^

Congratulations, Jack!!!

whee_1.jpg

Note the 7¢ cover price.

Super-Duper Congrats to Jack. That one should count for at least 2 points. Love the book though. 7¢. Who would have thought?

I agree it looks like Giggle / Ha-Ha Comics reprints.

Little did I suspect when I typed that first post, I'd still be here 580 pages later. lol

We're glad you stuck around. (thumbs u

Little did I suspect when I typed that first post, I'd still be here 580 pages later. lol

it has been fun to "relive" those initial ponderings...

however, on page 20 or so, you did officially invite me over for a geekfest, whether you did so intentionally or not, and it was suggested that you get to "Know" some of us...I guess at this point, we are probably "less" likely to get that invite, huh :insane:

As the host of the Chicago Forum Dinner, I'm officially extending an invite to BangZoom (and everybody else!) to come have a giant steak and talk comics with 60 other comic geeks. Saturday, June 28, 2008, at Gibson's Steakhouse in Rosemont, Illinois.

Information can be found here and here.

As the host of the Chicago Forum Dinner, I'm officially extending an invite to BangZoom (and everybody else!) to come have a giant steak and talk comics with 60 other comic geeks. Saturday, June 28, 2008, at Gibson's Steakhouse in Rosemont, Illinois.

Information can be found here and here.

I'll have a table full again this year, Dan.

however, on page 20 or so, you did officially invite me over for a geekfest, whether you did so intentionally or not, and it was suggested that you get to "Know" some of us...I guess at this point, we are probably "less" likely to get that invite, huh :insane:

I guess you didn't get the invite to "Bang's Basement Bash" on New Years Eve? (shrug)

BZBB.jpg

I guess you didn't get the invite to "Bang's Basement Bash" on New Years Eve? (shrug)

BZBB.jpg

classic

BZBB.jpg

Looks like a good time!

A few friends hanging out and geeking on funny-books.

Hey...wait-a-minute.... hm

THAT COULD BE PONS-CON!

BZBB.jpg

Looks like a good time!

THAT COULD BE PONS-CON!

No it can't. None of you guys own -- indeed, none you you guys have even HEARD of -- WHEE COMICS, front and center.

Jack

BZBB.jpg

Looks like a good time!

THAT COULD BE PONS-CON!

No it can't. None of you guys own -- indeed, none you you guys have even HEARD of -- WHEE COMICS, front and center.

Jack

Good Point!

Though that sure looks like Gator and his Action 1.

BZBB.jpg

I love it, Flee. :applause: (That fire-eater so close to the Action 1 looks like trouble though!)

OT, but a shout out to the late great Rick Danko (here on accordion). I will always miss that guy.

BZBB.jpg

Looks like a good time!

THAT COULD BE PONS-CON!

Jack

Good Point!

Though that sure looks like Gator and his Action 1.

lol

But truth be told, the guy in the back, seated, wearing the hat and holding his hands in a "prayer" like way is a dead ringer for the Gator.