• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I do too. Something tells me they are super scare looking like this...

Here are a couple more Ghost Stories.

I love these covers.

ghoststories121930.jpg

Ghost Stories (December 1930)

I had been interested in the OA Guide but not enough to spend real money on it so I was also pleased when a copy arrived last week. I've enjoyed browsing through it.

There's a nifty book out about comic book mail order ads and the author has posted a number of items that didn't make the cut.

http://secretfunspot.blogspot.com/2011/12/lost-mail-order-mysteries.html

I had been interested in the OA Guide but not enough to spend real money on it so I was also pleased when a copy arrived last week. I've enjoyed browsing through it.

The other day I read an 2007 interview with James Halperin (Heritage Auctions co-founder) where he discusses his purchase of Harry Warner's historic collection of science fiction fanzines. I thought it was interesting that he's "trying to put together a really complete selection of comic fanzines from 1969 and back."

Link

He also mentioned that he and Jerry Weist had been talking about writing a book on fanzines.

Does anyone know if they ever started that project?

There's a nifty book out about comic book mail order ads and the author has posted a number of items that didn't make the cut.

http://secretfunspot.blogspot.com/2011/12/lost-mail-order-mysteries.html

Thanks for the link.

I had a great time reading Kirk's behind the scene stories.

photostudio.jpg

Seeing his ad hoc photo studios was especially amusing as I experimented with similar setups when I started taking photos of my collection.

The other day I read an interesting 2007 interview with James Halperin (Heritage Auctions co-founder) where he discusses his purchase of Harry Warner's historic collection of science fiction fanzines and says he is also "trying to put together a really complete selection of comic fanzines from 1969 and back."

Link

He also mentioned that he and Jerry Weist had been talking about writing a book on fanzines.

Does anyone k

now if they ever started that project?

I sold Jim a nice collection of SF fanzines 4 years ago and mentioned to him that he should write a book. He said he didn't have the time...

I hope everyone is having an incredible Christmas. christmaswindow.gif

Here are a few of the gifts I received from my family. presents2.gif

xmasgifts1.jpg

Blood 'n' Thunder (Pulp Fanzine)

xmasgifts2.jpg

Best of Blood 'n' Thunder

xmasgifts3.jpg

Foul Play

xmasgifts4.jpg

Alter-Ego Publications

If you'd care to share, I'd love to see what comic related gifts you received. santa3.gif