• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

just a quick question BZ...outsite of the AA 16 and Adv 40 (both great, as you know)...are we going to see the Tec 27 or Supes 1 or Marvel 1 or Whiz 1, etc? (you can always watermark the jpgs, if you fear someone swiping for ebay scams, etc)

just curious (and a little more anxious)

gator

I might post them as part of a group photo, but I doubt I'll be posting scans. I already have seen that lots of images are being used around the Internet. All-American 16, Adventure 40, and a bunch more, for example, are up over at the GCD site.

I think, at least at this time, I'd like to keep some of the more special comics a bit more private. cool.gif

Maybe I'll change my mind at a later date. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was having a difficult time trying to decide which comics to scan today and which to scan at a later date.

So, I grabbed a stack of books and threw them in the air. Those that landed front cover up, I'm posting today. Those that landed with the front cover down, I'll post some other time. wink.gif

Today's offering:

Catman Comics - # 30 (Continental) L.B. Cole Cover

Exciting Comics - (Nedor) # 2

Funny Pages - (Centaur Publications) V 3 # 7 - 1st Arrow Cover

Porky Pig - (Dell) Four Color 16 (#1)

Prince Valiant - (David McKay Publications) Feature Book # 26

Wonder Comics - (Nedor) # 9 Schomburg Cover

I might post them as part of a group photo, but I doubt I'll be posting scans. I already have seen that lots of images are being used around the Internet.

Unfortunate, but not surprised. You could always put a watermark on them when you scan, or stick a big post-it note in on the cover that says "collection of BZ" so people would be less inclined to steal the images.

Can't wait to see the Funny Pages (especially since that is one great cover) later today.

hello all...

I always thought the idea of "the arrow", shooting folks w/ b & a, was "fun for the whole family"...great stuff, as usually, BZ

gator

I was having a difficult time trying to decide which comics to scan today and which to scan at a later date.

So, I grabbed a stack of books and threw them in the air. Those that landed front cover up, I'm posting today. Those that landed with the front cover down, I'll post some other time. wink.gif

Today's offering:

Catman Comics - # 30 (Continental) L.B. Cole Cover

Exciting Comics - (Nedor) # 2

Funny Pages - (Centaur Publications) V 3 # 7 - 1st Arrow Cover

Porky Pig - (Dell) Four Color 16 (#1)

Prince Valiant - (David McKay Publications) Feature Book # 26

Wonder Comics - (Nedor) # 9 Schomburg Cover

The selection you chose here raises a handful of interesting (at least to me) questions that you probably have some unique insight into.

As you looked for books over the years, were there certain publishers that seemed more difficult to find? Your selection of Continental, Centaur, and Nedor certainly puts those in mind, but I'd also be interested to hear about the early Harvey & MLJ stuff.

Also, was Catman a title that you saw much demand for over the years? In my experience that's a title that only really gained popularity in the last 15 or so years after the Photojournals were published.

Are there books (a la Feature Book 26) that you identified early on that were absolute "must haves" that you now don't see much appreciation for?

Thanks in advance.