• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2018 at 3:15 PM, Montezuma said:

54,000+ with 1.4% slabbed, probably 30% Gold, 25% Silver, and 45% not worth the paper they're printed on, but still good reading. Still but a few new releases, but cut way back about 10 years ago.

Haha thats about 25,000 comics not worth paper printed on .... you must have a large unused spare bedroom lol 

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Haha thats about 25,000 comics not worth paper printed on .... you must have a large unused spare bedroom lol 

Spare bedroom where I live, and a large comic book room at another location where most of the reading material is kept. There's a lot of good reading in the drek.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:56 AM, Montezuma said:

Spare bedroom where I live, and a large comic book room at another location where most of the reading material is kept. There's a lot of good reading in the drek.

Yes there is. 

Still counting. I haven't had a comprehensive list since 1979. I have an estimated 20,000 books left as I've sold over 30,000 books over the years. I began collecting in 1963 but began reading comics in 1960. I inherited some of my earliest comics at that time (EC's, Avengers #1 Duck comics and Jungle comics.) I'm gradually entering them onto Comic Base. I have basically been bagging and boarding, evaluating grades and prices. Currently on a high grade run of Iron Man some of which I may have slabbed such as #55. Overall collection dates from 1941 to present. Gone are the days of buying almost every title from Westfield in the early 1980's. Some comics I regret selling but preferred original art over comics; although I culled almost 100 pieces last year. Several hundred comic books are signed in person:  Williamson, Krenkel, Kirby. Russell, Ordway, Perez, Byrne, Adkins, Steranko, Infantino and Schultz come to mind. I will slowly have some key books slabbed this year. Luckily I have space to store them.

14 long boxes, 14 short, 2 CGC boxes. About half of this is Spider-Man stuff and most of the rest are just modern runs from my pull list. I'm in the middle of a full inventory/quick grade, and then I'll be dumping the majority of the non-Spidey except for a handful of favs. Once they're gone, keys will be the only thing I hang onto outside of Spidey.Thank goodness for a large walk-in closet!

On 2/16/2018 at 1:15 PM, Montezuma said:

54,000+ with 1.4% slabbed, probably 30% Gold, 25% Silver, and 45% not worth the paper they're printed on, but still good reading. Still but a few new releases, but cut way back about 10 years ago.

45% not worth the paper they're printed on.... that's called Montezuma's revenge.

Hi everyone. I'm not new here, but I rarely post. I'll talk about my collection anytime to people who give a damn, though.

I've currently got about 36,000 comics. I prefer raw copies in a nice mylar bag, but I've accumulated some slabs because of deals, and had my 3 Golden Age Superman,

ASM 1, and Avengers 1 slabbed due to their value. It still bothers me that they aren't in line where they are supposed to be, but they do look good on display.

I started collecting in 2010 after a 25 year break and have been aggressively buying all kinds of Marvel and DC stuff, with a few other publishers here and there.

I'm retired, so comics are my full time hobby. It's gotten difficult for me to make big dents in my want list, though, because I basically have only the more expensive

issues left to buy in the runs I'm working on. Oh, and I'm so far behind in reading them that I could probably never buy a comic again and not read what I have now.

I'll get around to trying one day.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:26 PM, Pat Thomas said:

Hi everyone. I'm not new here, but I rarely post. I'll talk about my collection anytime to people who give a damn, though.

I've currently got about 36,000 comics. I prefer raw copies in a nice mylar bag, but I've accumulated some slabs because of deals, and had my 3 Golden Age Superman,

ASM 1, and Avengers 1 slabbed due to their value. It still bothers me that they aren't in line where they are supposed to be, but they do look good on display.

I started collecting in 2010 after a 25 year break and have been aggressively buying all kinds of Marvel and DC stuff, with a few other publishers here and there.

I'm retired, so comics are my full time hobby. It's gotten difficult for me to make big dents in my want list, though, because I basically have only the more expensive

issues left to buy in the runs I'm working on. Oh, and I'm so far behind in reading them that I could probably never buy a comic again and not read what I have now.

I'll get around to trying one day.

I know what you mean about falling behind. I've managed to get caught up on my Marvel stuff that I still buy & read, but found that I had no desire to do the same with my DC stuff. I finally recently quit buying DC & have decided to try & sell it off for something I actually want. Everything that was always being pushed to the bottom of my "read" pile got the axe too. Freed up more time and $ to look good stuff. :whee:

whats up yall my name is caleb "smurph" murphy i am new to cgc grading. Ive always been a fan and have been an average collector since i was a kid ive got almost 3,000 comics and have learned a hard lesson that i should have taken better care in storing my comics, but hey ive learned a lot over the years and am grateful for any knowledge yall have to share thank you for welcoming me to the community.

Current count is roughly at 2800 individual comics.  Lots from the 90s that most people probably have or had at some point. 60 or so TPBs.

Of those 2800, 300 or so are marked to be sold, eventually.  Might continue to scale down my collection to "must haves" based on my own personal taste.

Don't have any books slab, yet.  That will be changing this year as I have identified some that I would like to get slabbed.