• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day - I'm Going!

35 posts in this topic

I went today.

Just happened to be near a few comic shops & caught the free comic book day poster out of the corner of my eye.

The store owner let me pick a few books from what was left on the tables.

Got these.

Little Archie #1 Legend of the lost Lagoon.

Mickey Mouse. The Robin Hood Adventure

Keen Spot. Spotlight 2007 (104 page issue) Flip the books over & it has another cover called Keen Spot "Wicked Powered"

Should be a great read over the next few nights.

Russ...

I'll go this morning, while running last-minute errands for my daughter's b-day party later today. My LCS usually runs a sale on back issues and the like, so it's a fun time. I usually grab a couple of the all-ages titles for the kids, and one or two of the free issues for myself.

I get to go for the first time! For the last few years we've always had some sort of plans on Free Comic Book Day. Today, nothing! (Except Spike and Mike Twisted Animation Festival this p.m.)

My LCS limited it to two per customer. I picked up the Legion of Superheros for me and the Spiderman for a co-worker. I also go the Batman heroclix. It's now on my computer monitor at work next to last year's freebie Batman heroclix. I have space for about six more free comic book day heroclix before I need a bigger monitor.

Local shop here ( The Game Factory in Hazlet NJ) let customers pick 1 of every book and had other cool stuff for free ( FF rise of the silver surfer posters, Star Wars figures , other cool stuff) my son and I ha d a blast and came home with a bag full of stuff. I will be going back in a few weeks to buy a statue off of them to show my thanks. ( I didnt bring cash with me as I thought I wouldnt be spending money) . cool day and now Spiderman 3 with my son tonight.

Yeah, ours had donuts, coffee, cookies- all sorts of stuff along with being allowed to have 1 of ea. comic free in conjunction with a raffle for a Giant Sized X-Men #1, and some sales on everything in the store (all SA and BA 1/2 off!!!). Too bad I'm broke, or I would have cleaned the place out. Buying key issues and having car problems will do that to free cash though...

The only thing I couldn't figure out is why would you serve a sticky finger food to people who are going to be pawing through your merchandise? All the same, props to them for thinking of the customers!

I went to basically grab the Kirkman Wolfman issue. I thought it was pretty good. My LCS had them all laying out and basically had the above mentioned "don't be a jerk" policy... cool.gif

I went to the State College,PA store and they had a big assortment of the free funny books but I didnt grab any. It was more fun to see so many people in the store-someone yelled out Merry Christmas but I always thought of it like Halloween. There was some artist signing/sketching but I had never heard of him before so the name didnt stick.

Usually there is only one or two people in any given comic shop when I am there.

I went to my LCS and picked up Justice League and Spider-man. While i was there i saw a crazy price on an old book, and had them correct it. They had Major Inapak The Space Ace at $50.00!!! The Overstreet has that book at 9.2 for $6.00, as there was a warehouse find of them. The guy who worked there was not sure what to do at first, but eventually changed the price.

I took my niece and nephew, we went to 2 stores.

My regualer store we were allowed 2 books and a heroclix, the other had the "dont be a jerk policy" so that was cool.

I got 6 books total, and the kids were happy, it was a fun day smile.gif

I went to my LCS and picked up Justice League and Spider-man. While i was there i saw a crazy price on an old book, and had them correct it. They had Major Inapak The Space Ace at $50.00!!! The Overstreet has that book at 9.2 for $6.00, as there was a warehouse find of them. The guy who worked there was not sure what to do at first, but eventually changed the price.

And did you buy it @ $6.00?

And did you buy it @ $6.00?

Heck no, i have that issue, just didn't want anyone getting screwed.

from what I can tell almost none of the Comic Stores in the SFV are participating. The one store that does get the books does not give them out. Instead he takes them to local schools and gives them out there.