• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Find Contacting Harley Yee Impossible?

25 posts in this topic

So I've been trying to buy a book from Harley Yee for about 2 weeks now. (I'm now just trying to get him to bring it to the Paradise Toronto Comicon next week.) Problem is, I can't get a hold of this guy.

Last week, I left a message and e-mailed. I got an e-mail saying he'd be back in town Wednesday. I e-mailed again yesterday and again today and nothing. I keep hearing how great he is but my only other experience is that he never responded to the "Ask a Seller a Question" feature on EBay when I was considering buying his Comico Primer 2. (This was 3 weeks ago-- maybe a tad more.)

How are you guys managing to buy comics from him? Are you just at conventions and he magically brought the books you were looking for or is this whole experience an outlier and he normally is reachable in some way?

Harley's in San Jose for Super-Con. Can't speak for why he hasn't gotten back to you though. confused-smiley-013.gif

may 18-20 novi

rock financial place

june 1, 2 san jose

san jose convention center

Weird, as I sent him an email about a Thor i was interested in and got a response from him in 24-36 hours. I was wanting him to bring it to me at the Heroes show. He said he would, then I got another email about 2 days later telling me the book had sold.

Arex

Weird, as I sent him an email about a Thor i was interested in and got a response from him in 24-36 hours. I was wanting him to bring it to me at the Heroes show. He said he would, then I got another email about 2 days later telling me the book had sold.

Arex

tonofbricks.gif

Arex

tonofbricks.gif

Hahaha kinda how I felt.

I called him Wednesday (using the Bat-Phone, so he had no idea as to my identity) and he picked up right away. If you PM me, Rob, I'll be happy to give him the message when I see him tomorrow.

Email isn't a great way to reach him. Calling is better--his travel schedule is insane though. He was just in England for a few weeks. I usually just look at his show schedule on his website and try to guess when he'll hit Detroit for a day or two before leaving again.

I called him Wednesday (using the Bat-Phone, so he had no idea as to my identity) and he picked up right away. If you PM me, Rob, I'll be happy to give him the message when I see him tomorrow.

Email isn't a great way to reach him. Calling is better--his travel schedule is insane though. He was just in England for a few weeks. I usually just look at his show schedule on his website and try to guess when he'll hit Detroit for a day or two before leaving again.

He was in Vancouver visiting friends last week. confused-smiley-013.gif

I asked him a question and he responded in a day. It was a two word "short but sweet" answer but it didn't take him long at all.

*shrug* must be my good looks then lol

I'm glad to know it's an outlier experience and not the real deal. Although it could be since I'm not on his radar at all from prior purchases that might be why my experience is different too. Maybe my timing is bad as well. Who knows?

Bottom line is I'm still trying. Never had to work so hard to buy a book in my life, but if I can get a hold of it, I'm sure I'll be singing praises too.

Well, the Ghost Rider I've been pursuing is sold. Apparently the website is chock full of sold comics. (Which I have to say as a web-designer really gets my goat badly.) I wouldn't even know that now if not for the help of a 3rd party. Hopefully I'll be more impressed with Harley's booth when he's at the show here next weekend. Until then color me extremely unimpressed.

On a slightly related note, kudos to House of Comics. Definitely a place I'll be doing business with in the near future.

If you do see him tell him that Peter who use to live in Sydney sends his regards and wants to know when he is next going to be in our neck of the woods. hi.gif

Duff, he probably wont be back until the next Ozcon later in the year.

Apparently the website is chock full of sold comics.

It could possibly be attributed to the fact that he travels from show to show and the stock isn't accurately reflected on his web site...it probably isn't the web checkout function. Just a thought.

FYI: You aren't the first one here to be concerned about communicating with Yee in a timely basis. Bottom line...phone works better than e-mail (actually this method works better for ComicLink as well).

Apparently the website is chock full of sold comics.

It could possibly be attributed to the fact that he travels from show to show and the stock isn't accurately reflected on his web site...it probably isn't the web checkout function. Just a thought.

FYI: You aren't the first one here to be concerned about communicating with Yee in a timely basis. Bottom line...phone works better than e-mail (actually this method works better for ComicLink as well).

Truly. But if you'd read my original post, you'd have seen that I did call him as well.

I'm still going to give his booth a shot next weekend. I'm just being honest about the fact that so far I'm not all that impressed, especially given his reputation. There's still room for my opinion to change.

Also, the sold books on the website from what I gathered has nothing to do with the traveling and is a result of a problem with the site.

I guess at the end of the day, I really think that he's probably a great convention seller. But if you don't have the time/resources/etc. to actually mind your internet product (EBay and website) then don't sell that way. I've been going after books for what is it? a month or more since I first inquired about his Primer 2 on EBay?

Pardon my frustration. I understand if he's the best guy in the world and nobody understands this. My experience thus far has been different, I'm fairly irritated about it, and this is the only place where whining about comics is relatively acceptable. lol