• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pay Copy on Heritage?

137 posts in this topic

Interesting to see the pay copy of Marvel 1 up for sale...but

...I'm really taken aback by the appearance of the early Church Green Lanterns - wow! I had no idea these were coming to market.

But the GL #1 and #2 are in purple labels?! 893whatthe.gif!? Still great books to be sure, but I'd wager a large sum that they were sold to the current owner with the undisclosed resto.

Oh, let me guess - Big Name Greed Merchant-itis strikes again (and by one of the "usual suspects", perhaps?)?

STEVE

Interesting to see the pay copy of Marvel 1 up for sale...but

I'd like to get some info on this too.

...I'm really taken aback by the appearance of the early Church Green Lanterns - wow! I had no idea these were coming to market.

But the GL #1 and #2 are in purple labels?! 893whatthe.gif!? Still great books to be sure, but I'd wager a large sum that they were sold to the current owner with the undisclosed resto.

STEVE

From what I've heard, the owner of the run recently discovered the GL #1 was restored (having bought it quite a while ago). I think the entire GL run was high grade, and after having found out the #1 was restored, he just called it quits since the centerpiece book was not up to desired standards. The resto could not be removed since it was amatuer color touch and bled through tonofbricks.gif

the owner of the run recently discovered the GL #1 was restored (having bought it quite a while ago). I think the entire GL run was high grade, and after having found out the #1 was restored, he just called it quits since the centerpiece book was not up to desired standards.

I can't imagine how totally sucky that would be.

the owner of the run recently discovered the GL #1 was restored (having bought it quite a while ago). I think the entire GL run was high grade, and after having found out the #1 was restored, he just called it quits since the centerpiece book was not up to desired standards.

I can't imagine how totally sucky that would be.

Neither can I - my gosh frown.gifmad.gif

I can't imagine who the big looser was who would do such a thing.

STEVE

The owner got the GL 1 originally for 7X guide and then 2-4 and 6-10 as a group many years ago, all from Dave Anderson, the dentist.

The owner got the GL 1 originally for 7X guide and then 2-4 and 6-10 as a group many years ago, all from Dave Anderson, the dentist.

Gee, what a surprise.

It's not only his patients who have been drilled.

STEVE

From what I've heard, the owner of the run recently discovered the GL #1 was restored. The resto could not be removed since it was amatuer color touch and bled through tonofbricks.gif

Umm...If you buy a GL #1 and it has bleed-through color touch on it and you don't notice it, I kinda think you have no one to blame but yourself.

(even though it's sucky that it was sold as unrestored, we don't know that the seller even knew - but I wouldn't be surprised if this book had also gone through JS's colored fingers).

From what I've heard, the owner of the run recently discovered the GL #1 was restored. The resto could not be removed since it was amatuer color touch and bled through tonofbricks.gif

Umm...If you buy a GL #1 and it has bleed-through color touch on it and you don't notice it, I kinda think you have no one to blame but yourself.

(even though it's sucky that it was sold as unrestored, we don't know that the seller even knew - but I wouldn't be surprised if this book had also gone through JS's colored fingers).

If you know the owner of the GL # 1, then you would know that he could never see the CT on that book. Just very sad, I feel terrible for him frown.gif

I am not surprised at all. So many of the Mile High key books have colortouch .

Seems like restoration[on key books anyway] can be associated with Mile Highs just as much as quality can.

How many of[and what key books] did J.S own from the collection?

Kind of harsh. In the early eighties, I purchased books and never dreamed to open them as I trusted the dealers who sold the comics to me. I have now learned to verify any dealer assertion. A few year's ago, I found out that my Mile High All Star #57 had minor color touch. The book was purchased from a John Snyder via a third party. I don't know who did the color touch but this information was never disclosed to me. Non disclosure seemed to be the norm back in the 80s.

Steve , Who owns the"Church" GL # 5 classic cover btw & does that also have color touch? I think Joe Smekjal years ago in ads was looking for it.

Kind of harsh. In the early eighties, I purchased books and never dreamed to open them as I trusted the dealers who sold the comics to me. The book was purchased from a John Snyder via a third party.

Didn't you want to open them to look at them?

And yes I meant JS - and there is his name again.