• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

If my numbers are right and there is 666 12 cent Marvels, and I'm hovering around the 70 book mark, then I'm about 10% of the way there. I celebrate my one year anniversary of my first WM in a couple of weeks. It has been a pretty expensive year :)

Jim

If my numbers are right and there is 666 12 cent Marvels, and I'm hovering around the 70 book mark, then I'm about 10% of the way there. I celebrate my one year anniversary of my first WM in a couple of weeks. It has been a pretty expensive year :)

Jim

:popcorn:

Woohoo...finally added another book to the collection this weekend. I won it a few weeks ago on the CL auction but Josh was nice enough to hand deliver it to me in Chicago this past weekend.

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

Great book Jim!! Glad its yours (thumbs u

Woohoo...finally added another book to the collection this weekend. I won it a few weeks ago on the CL auction but Josh was nice enough to hand deliver it to me in Chicago this past weekend.

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

Jim,

Awesome book and incredible addition to your quest. :applause::o(worship)

I don't think I read anywhere in all those Chicago Con Reports

that you scored a White Mountain this past weekend and is that

true if you don't mind me asking?

PS: That was a cool pink shirt and you were looking goooooooood. :cool:

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

Jim,

Awesome book and incredible addition to your quest. :applause::o(worship)

I don't think I read anywhere in all those Chicago Con Reports

that you scored a White Mountain this past weekend and is that

true if you don't mind me asking?

PS: That was a cool pink shirt and you were looking goooooooood. :cool:

Fay: That's why you're me favourite female forum member...you have an excellent sense of appreciation for the finer things in life :) :) :)

I won the WM in Joshs last CL auction and was kind enough to bring the book to Chicago so I could pick it up...so not technically a Wizard World purchase :)

Jim

Mike: I tend to agree and it scares me :)

Jim

It should. I just spotted the White Mountain Hulk #1. :eek:

I was kind of dissappointed that Brent wasn't set up in Chi-Town so I could actually see this thing in person. Bob Storms mentioned to me that the book really does look beautiful in person. Brent offered to mail it up to me so I could take a good look at it but I'm not sure I want to spend a small fortune in import duties, just to take a look at it :(

Jim

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

I've always liked that issue and the cover. It's a very atmospheric story that I saw in the Spidey cartoon before I ever had a chance to read it as a kid.

Jim

I was kind of dissappointed that Brent wasn't set up in Chi-Town so I could actually see this thing in person. Bob Storms mentioned to me that the book really does look beautiful in person. Brent offered to mail it up to me so I could take a good look at it but I'm not sure I want to spend a small fortune in import duties, just to take a look at it :(

Jim

I would value it at $10 and send it express.

Jim

Jim

I would value it at $10 and send it express.

:gossip: Send it to me, but have Jim pay for it!! :banana:

Well seeing as this has fallen to Page #2 it's time for another bump...I added this to the collection after agreeing to a deal on the weekend. I don't have it in hand but look forward to its arrival.

wmasm47.jpg

To the naysayers, who thought my WM's would be for sale now that I have been bitten by the GA bug, I did think about this one for a bit and thought of the nice MMC I could have purchased with the money but realized that the GA portion of my collection is still the secondary portion of my collection...for now :) :) :)

Jim

This now gives me the WM Kraven Trifecta...which definitely played in my mind to purchase this book

WMASM15.jpg

WMASM34.jpg

wmasm47.jpg

:cloud9:

Jim

SWEET books Jim!! (worship)

I'll bet you'll even be more impressed when I post the WM HULK #4 in a couple of weeks. BTW you have no idea how close Brent and I were to getting a deal done on the WM Hulk #1 :gossip:

Jim