• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Thanks so much. I can't stop staring at it, lol. Only prob is, now that i figured out how to post here, i'm going to start bombarding you guys with rusty gold, lol. :insane:

Thanks so much. I can't stop staring at it, lol. Only prob is, now that i figured out how to post here, i'm going to start bombarding you guys with rusty gold, lol. :insane:

Believe me, there's nothing we like better. :D

This Blue Ribbon cover is the best in the run. My copy is a nice solid VG/+ w OW pages. Happy to add this to my collection.

14077163063_cb46438593.jpg

IMG_4019 by foxtrot70, on Flickr

:applause: that's awesome man!!!!! I musta been out when you posted this how could I have missed it...VERY NICE (thumbs u

Believe me, there's nothing we like better. :D

+1 :grin: BTW phenomenal Blue Ribbon 18 that is sweeeeet :headbang:

Still my favorite MLJ, cover by the great Irv Novick:

CGCPepComics34_zps9c895f27.jpg

:o(worship) Dang man!!!!! the #34 has one of the cooler splash pages ever done as well!!

I believe the cover is by Bob Fugitani......He did a recreation for me....jb

147150.jpg.b3797317fd7fa98542afe11beffb98c6.jpg

I've always loved both those covers(that's a killer recreation btw). Montana is a master! The no.34 is becoming THE classic cover MLJ book to have, no matter what genre, pub;isher, character(s) you collect.

:o(worship) Dang man!!!!! the #34 has one of the cooler splash pages ever done as well!!

this is VERY VERY VERY VERY cool thanks for sharing!!! so much depth added to it even more than the original IMHO...almost looks 3D (thumbs u

this is VERY VERY VERY VERY cool thanks for sharing!!! so much depth added to it even more than the original IMHO...almost looks 3D (thumbs u

Funny you should say that. When I asked if he would do the recreation he asked if I "minded" if he could "improve" upon the cover since he had learned a "trick or two" over the years. My response......"Did I mind....?!", You too see the product he "improved" upon.....

147164.jpg.08f74b5c5df32cb6831f01980ab9e35a.jpg

147164.jpg

Funny you should say that. When I asked if he would do the recreation he asked if I "minded" if he could "improve" upon the cover since he had learned a "trick or two" over the years. My response......"Did I mind....?!", You too see the product he "improved" upon.....

The best thing about Fuje's recreation is it's a new drawing of the same subject matter. No light boxing for him. Look at it and draw. What a talent.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

One of my all time favorite MLJ Steel Sterling covers:Electrocution, tourture, hypodermic needles,hooded villian,damsel in distress, bondage,hero to rescue, and oh yes, fire breathing reptile man. All by the man, Charles Biro!ZipComics13_zps1338d632.jpg

Great book, great cover! I need a nice 13, mine is beat. But that'll have to wait ...

Baby furniture has arrived. Painters are coming Monday. My dining room is overflowing with gifts from the shower, my wife is "nesting", I've been ejected from my home office of 13 years and am making the move this week to new office space (gonna suck putting pants on to go to work)! Case and point, I see my collecting screeching to halt.

Like a dying man gasping for his last breath I have been grabbing at books I find appealing.

Picked this up the other day on ebay:

KGrHqJHJCgE-e1UonNBPz1JOkEQ60_57_zpsd55c071e.jpg

I'll be throwing my beater under copy up there in the next few days.

Also upgraded my Pep 70 to a slightly nicer copy the other day:

_57_zps234e4a90.jpg

Onward and upward ... or something like that! :cool:

Thanks for the compliment on my book. Great pick ups in your end as well! Bummer on your collecting status, but congrats on the bundle of joy coming your way. I had to pull back on buying during 2012 and 2013, but have been back this year, full steam ahead. Nothing extravagant, but ive got some great uncommon acquisitions. You'll be back in no time too. And I'm sure what you've already acquired, brings you hours of pleasure when you have the downtime to go through it.

One of my all time favorite MLJ Steel Sterling covers:Electrocution, tourture, hypodermic needles,hooded villian,damsel in distress, bondage,hero to rescue, and oh yes, fire breathing reptile man. All by the man, Charles Biro!ZipComics13_zps1338d632.jpg
This thread needed a bump again! An oldie but goody, featuring The Black Hood, Roy the Superboy, and The Wizard, in a Castle." Look out for the Knight in Armor!!!!"imagejpg1_zps6fbb6d74.jpg

As I'm sure you savvy MLJ collectors may(or may not) know, HA has a nice selection of HARD to find Blue Ribbon Comics/Mr. Justice covers ending in their Sunday night auction this week. I have a lot of these( so I won't be in the running) and the ones I would want are restored( I personally prefer even mid to low grade examples over a high grade restored one, unless the restoration is very very minor). That number 14 is an underrated gem, hope a boardie gets it......

As I'm sure you savvy MLJ collectors may(or may not) know, HA has a nice selection of HARD to find Blue Ribbon Comics/Mr. Justice covers ending in their Sunday night auction this week. I have a lot of these( so I won't be in the running) and the ones I would want are restored( I personally prefer even mid to low grade examples over a high grade restored one, unless the restoration is very very minor). That number 14 is an underrated gem, hope a boar die gets it......

:whistle:

Nothing to see there...