• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

The library has a pretty nice pulp collection and needless to say, they are probably all only ones with REH stories in them hm

Yep it's all part of their REH collection. It's really pretty funny, because you have all these nice little old ladies from this small, rural conservative Texas town with this collection of pulps with risque Brundage covers. :)

Old American story...Winesburg, Ohio

Never read it. Is it good? hm

Sherwood ing Anderson! :headbang:

MORE HOWARD DAYS 2010 Pics!

howardmuseumh.jpg

The Howard Museum

cimmeriandogs.jpg

Two Cimmerian Dogs

holygrail.jpg

The Holy Grail

slibrary.jpg

Howard's Library

underwoodsimilartotheon.jpg

Underwood similar to the one Howard worked on (on display in his room)

map1op.jpg

a Cool Map

map2.jpg

Another Cool map

rehportrait.jpg

Portrait of REH

bustofcleopatraboughtby.jpg

A bust of Cleopatra bought by REH in New Orleans...

keeganssnakeprint.jpg

Jim and Ruth Keegan Print I won in the Silent Auction

keegansvikingsprint.jpg

2nd Jim and Ruth Keegan Print I won in the Silent Auction (and gifted to my nephew)

pigeonsfromhellstrip.jpg

Pigeons from Hell: The Adventures of Two-Gun Bob Strip OA by Jim & Ruth Keegan that I purchased

topothemountain.jpg

Me on top of Caddo Peak at the end of the festival.

This was one of the coolest parts of Howard Days. At the Culmination of REH days and right before a splendiferous Texas style BBQ (put on by private citizens in honor of REH Days and in welcome of the towns guests) a group of adventurous souls hike to the top of Caddo Peak, the highest point in the county and a perch that REH often visited himself. Other, less worthy, curs slink around at the bottom of the peak and drink beer while they await the feast. I almost wimped out, but then i remembered my creed.. What Would Conan Do? and joined the trek. The rewards were magnificent

Roy, that's either some freaky boots or really ugly feet :insane:

They cut my toes off and tortured me.

That's me getting them back for it.

:insane:

Any info on these maps????? I need a set of these!!!! :headbang:

They are one of a kind museum exhibit pieces that hang in the Howard House.

I believe at least one of them was a gift to Howard during his lifetime and he owned it. Can't recall exactly what the inscriptions next to them said (guess I should have paid more attention, but I didnt really spend as much time in the house as I would have liked... Oh well, always next year!)

Any info on these maps????? I need a set of these!!!! :headbang:

They are one of a kind museum exhibit pieces that hang in the Howard House.

I believe at least one of them was a gift to Howard during his lifetime and he owned it. Can't recall exactly what the inscriptions next to them said (guess I should have paid more attention, but I didnt really spend as much time in the house as I would have liked... Oh well, always next year!)

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

I am still hunting one of these Conan Cover OSPG's who can hook it up? hm

Check E-Bay for these. I saw a dealer on E-bay last week that had about 10 copies for sale (only 2 per client) for $35.00 each.

I hope they are still available. :wishluck:

Cant find em... what search term did you use? I have been looking on Ebay for these intermittently since they came out at SDCC and have not found a single one yet...

I am still hunting one of these Conan Cover OSPG's who can hook it up? hm

Check E-Bay for these. I saw a dealer on E-bay last week that had about 10 copies for sale (only 2 per client) for $35.00 each.

I hope they are still available. :wishluck:

Cant find em... what search term did you use? I have been looking on Ebay for these intermittently since they came out at SDCC and have not found a single one yet...

Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #40 EXCLUSIVE

http://cgi.ebay.com/Overstreet-Comic-Book-Price-Guide-40-EXCLUSIVE-/290455952207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a0861b4f

Now en route to Castle Tupenny from Heritage.

lf.jpg

Never seen that one before. Thats kinda creepy lookin. I hope your castle has fire insurance. :wishluck:

Tupenny, what's the significance of that book? Is it Howard's first writing on Conan?

And I have to admit, I'm a Conan Comics junkie although I feel that most of the purebreds would not consider me to be so. While I absolutely LOVE the Barry Smith / Roy Thomas run, I've just not been able to get any real enjoyment out of the Buscema years. However, Anthony (Pirate) got me hooked on the Dark Horse series and to date, I have each of the 9 volumes plus one or two of the offshoot books. Still haven't gotten myself into Savage Sword, but nonetheless, I am definitely a fan. SUCH a great guilty pleasure read!