• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,914 posts in this topic

a truly 'mixed' sale coming up this afternoon

comic trading cards, old comics, new comics, some toys, some australian edition punisher comics, a digest, some indy, some marvel, some dc

7pm eastern? ish.

:news: Hey all! Been about 6 months since I had a real thread. I have nearly 150 graded books to upload and sell! There will be a mix of bronze, silver, gold and even a few copper!  My typical thread-these will be mostly silver/bronze keys and rarer golden age books !!

If I can get out of my own way, I will be starting on Sat late afternoon or early evening! Hopefully Sunday as well.

There are some books I acquired via trade and many from my personal collection that just don't fit in anymore. As we all continue to buy and buy...once in a while we must sell a few to even the equation.

Hope to see everyone this weekend!

I have access to fresh unopened packs of E. Gerber Mylites2 and matching E. Gerber Full-Backs 

I wasn't sure where to post this.  So....I'll post it in here.....since it's sort of a pre-sale announcement if there is enough interest.  

I mentioned this briefly in my contest sign-up thread.....but I have a collector friend that has dropped out of the hobby and has several unopened packages of E. Gerber Mylites2 and Full-Back that he no longer needs.  I bought a couple from him a while back, but I don't deal much with raw books so didn't need the quantity he has.

From what I understand, these are hard to find right now and prices have increased quite a bit.  An order placed with E. Gerber apparently takes months to fill.....and even Hotflips is out of some of this stuff.  My friend does sell on Ebay, but he doesn't do forums, so I convinced him to let me try here first to see if there's any interest.  I've discussed this with him and payment would go directly to him and he understands getting them shipped quickly would be a priority.  I would run the sales thread and take full responsibility should an issue arise (in other words, the buck stops with me).

I've advised him what the market is like on these right now, so he wouldn't be giving them away, but would probably offer a small discount over the current (eBay + tax) prices you can get for immediate shipment.  Since he always bought equal amounts of bags and boards, he would be offering them in combo packs (one pack of Mylites2 with a matching pack of Full-Backs).  I asked him what he has left, and this is the list he sent me:

• 15 packs (50 count) of E.Gerber Mylites2 (Standard Size fits 1970's to 1990's - Item# 725M2)
  • 15 packs (50 count) of E.Gerber Full-Backs (Standard Size 42 mil acid free boards - Item# 700FB)

Edited by Domo Arigato

I got back a small batch of moderns today and they all look good with no issues to I will be offering some in the mixed ages thread so that I can add a few other books I am ready to part with.

New ones are basically soft keys. Sandman 8s, Justice League 50s, Green lantern 0s Baz, Spawn 1s and some Ghost Rider 15s, 2 1st & 2 2nd print. I figured I had a shot at 9.8 on everything except Sandmans, so why not? We all know how that ends. :tonofbricks: Got 4 9.8s on the 12 non-Sandmans and none on the GR15s, only 9.4s and 9.6s. So priced to move em out I hope! I bought the GH15s to put in my comic rack and glow in the dark but they were too sweet to do that to them so I put them aside and slabbed them. 

I'll put in some others and we'll see what happens. Captain marvel Jr on the Statue of Liberty 2.0 (is that 36?), we'll see what else strikes me.

Should be coming to mixed ages forum tonight or tomorrow. You have been warned.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, Bird said:

I got back a small batch of moderns today and they all look good with no issues to I will be offering some in the mixed ages thread so that I can add a few other books I am ready to part with.

I sold a few (thank you!) and have made some bundles on the remaining items (feel free to purchase individually as well though)

Edited by Bird

I'm going to run a thread in CA/MA with some sharp run fillers(...not any major keys) for SAGA OF SWAMP THING(raw for these) and lots of Keys and Variants... slabs and raws. It will likely be the beginning of next week. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 9/19/2021 at 12:03 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I have access to fresh unopened packs of E. Gerber Mylites2 and matching E. Gerber Full-Backs 

I wasn't sure where to post this.  So....I'll post it in here.....since it's sort of a pre-sale announcement if there is enough interest.  

I mentioned this briefly in my contest sign-up thread.....but I have a collector friend that has dropped out of the hobby and has several unopened packages of E. Gerber Mylites2 and Full-Back that he no longer needs.  I bought a couple from him a while back, but I don't deal much with raw books so didn't need the quantity he has.

From what I understand, these are hard to find right now and prices have increased quite a bit.  An order placed with E. Gerber apparently takes months to fill.....and even Hotflips is out of some of this stuff.  My friend does sell on Ebay, but he doesn't do forums, so I convinced him to let me try here first to see if there's any interest.  I've discussed this with him and payment would go directly to him and he understands getting them shipped quickly would be a priority.  I would run the sales thread and take full responsibility should an issue arise (in other words, the buck stops with me).

I've advised him what the market is like on these right now, so he wouldn't be giving them away, but would offer a discount over current online prices you can get for immediate shipment.  Since he always bought equal amounts of bags and boards, he would probably be offering them in combo packs (one pack of Mylites2 with a matching pack of Full-Backs) but not sure yet.  I asked him what he has left, and this is the list he sent me (he said he'd keep looking to see if he's missed any):

• 15 packs (50 count) of E.Gerber Mylites2 (Standard Size fits 1970's to 1990's - Item# 725M2)
  • 15 packs (50 count) of E.Gerber Full-Backs (Standard Size 42 mil acid free boards - Item# 700FB)
  •  2 packs (50 count) of E. Gerber Mylites2 (Silver & Golden Age Size - Item# 775M2)
  •  2 packs (50 count) of E. Gerber Full-Backs (Silver & Golden Age Size - Item# 750FB)
  • 2 packs (50 count) of E. Gerber Mylites2 (Golden Age Size - Item# 800M2) - he wasn't able to find the matching boards to these, at least yet.

PM sent

I'm having a copper/modern sale of ALL DC stuff on Monday, the artist formerly known as Columbus Day.  There will be about 1.5 shortboxes of raws, and slew (maybe 10-15) slabs.  Some newsstands that don't suck, some rarities, some minor keys and 1st apps, some dreks.  Decent amount of Jim Lee and Adam Hughes.

start time will depend at least partially on which teams are left in baseball playoffs (I'm currently assuming Boston gets swept).  

Today I will be starting a sales thread with more of the collection I posted in July (Link- everything after the Treasure Chest), this round will be 250-300 comics including issues from

Action Comics
Adventure Comics
Adventures of Alan Ladd
Adventures of Bob Hope
Adventures of Jerry Lewis
All American Men At War
All Star Western
Aquaman
Atom
Batman
Big Town
Blackhawk
Boy Commandos
Brave and the Bold

and more if time permits.  Majority of books in this batch are 1950/60s with scattered 40s, lots of low grade readers, some solid mid-grades and an occasional higher grade copy.

Collection history- a local collector combined his childhood collection with issues that he filled in over the years, with the fillers he was not particularly concerned with grade as long as he could read them.  The bulk of the collection is 1940s-1960s with a few long boxes of Bronze/Copper/Modern.  The original owner childhood books tend to be the better grade 60s books(Aquaman, Atom, Green Lantern, Justice League of America, etc), primary focus was DC though there were very few Marvel books from the SA/BA.  I'm calling this the "Buzzy Collection" as that was his nickname.

The sales thread for this portion of the collection will start today Sat Oct 16 at 2pm EST and run through at least Wed or Thur Oct 20/21.

Hope to see you there!

:news: Starting a new thread today about 5pm EST! About 30 slabbed books in total. 15 will be re-treads from last sale which didn't sell priced TO MOVE TODAY. The others will be brand new.

As per usual, a nice mix of Gold/Silver/Bronze with all budgets in mind.

Included will be a monster early ASM key and a few killer WWII Schomburg Nazi covers!

See everyone soon!!

Edited by jbpez
time update

Join us this coming weekend at the Virtual Comic Convention Expo Center.
https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/59-virtual-comic-convention-vcc-expo-center/

halloween date.jpg

VirtualComicConvention (VCC 50) Halloween Spectacular

Dealer Setup - Friday, October 29, 2021
("Elm Street", "Bates Motel", "Camp Crystal Lake", and "The Grand Overlook Hotel" will unlock automatically at 8pm (EST) for sellers to begin their booth setup)
LINK TO RULES, TIPS, and FAQs   
LINK TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD
LINK TO THE INDEX OF SELLERS

On 10/27/2021 at 10:01 PM, DeadOne said:

Join us this coming weekend at the Virtual Comic Convention Expo Center.
https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/59-virtual-comic-convention-vcc-expo-center/

halloween date.jpg

VirtualComicConvention (VCC 50) Halloween Spectacular

Dealer Setup - Friday, October 29, 2021
("Elm Street", "Bates Motel", "Camp Crystal Lake", and "The Grand Overlook Hotel" will unlock automatically at 8pm (EST) for sellers to begin their booth setup)
LINK TO RULES, TIPS, and FAQs   
LINK TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD
LINK TO THE INDEX OF SELLERS

I heard all lurkers are now required to either buy or sell at every vcc! :whistle:

It's true, I saw it here somewhere.  :sumo:

I am trying to move a ton of those books many/most of us accumulate that do not fit anywhere. just fun single issues that pile up and pile up. But I am looking to move, so having a few less boxes is a goal. But selling single issue books to read and not flip gets tougher and tougher, so I just added a freebie bonus for all purchases $10 or more to my copper/modern thread, either one of these two.

DCEA2306-2444-48E4-B7C9-B04EA4AE51CD.jpeg

And spend $50 I will also toss in a Moebius ASM 800 variant as well!

Edited by Bird

I am adding items again in my C/M thread and am hoping to empty a box or two so I decided to try and incentivize sales and expanded discounts to $3, $4 and $5 items just now as I had been doing with $1 and $2 items. And this is for current items as well as those to come. Lots of more expensive items in there but lots of cheap stuff too. So my discounts for multiple purchases are as follows:

All $1 items are 5 for $3 and $2 items are 5 for $7. All $3 items in the thread are now 7 for $15! $4 and/or $5 items are 10 for $35. You do not have to buy all items all at once to get the discount...when the time is done to close the thread I will total up and apply the applicable discounts at that time. 

my sale in copper/modern

Edited by Bird