• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,913 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'll have a few slabs for sale tomorrow night. Right now I have an Action, a Hulk and  a Showcase...depending on how tomorrow goes, I may have more. 

Sale at 8pm EST..

Thank you!

You should put an entire list of every book in you're head line. :fear:

I'm on CST so what time is that here? :whatev:

Hey, all!!!  This is a spur of the moment idea, but I think I should have another CGC slab auction starting today.  This will be a quick auction, 24 hours or more, before the Memorial Day weekend kicks off.  Plus, I'm trying to purchase a signed Ghost Rider #1 (not flame-head, but the other Ghost Rider) from a fellow board member. (thumbsu

This auction is mainly to celebrate 200,000 views of my CA/MA sales thread, a fair number of the views being mine because of all the time I spend working on the thread. lol

Below is the link to the thread, where I will start the auction on page 158 (I know, right?).  All updates and information will be there.  Hope to see you there!!! :banana:

On 5/26/2022 at 11:16 AM, Galen130 said:

Hey, all!!!  This is a spur of the moment idea, but I think I should have another CGC slab auction starting today.  This will be a quick auction, 24 hours or more, before the Memorial Day weekend kicks off.  Plus, I'm trying to purchase a signed Ghost Rider #1 (not flame-head, but the other Ghost Rider) from a fellow board member. (thumbsu

This auction is mainly to celebrate 200,000 views of my CA/MA sales thread, a fair number of the views being mine because of all the time I spend working on the thread. lol

Below is the link to the thread, where I will start the auction on page 158 (I know, right?).  All updates and information will be there.  Hope to see you there!!! :banana:

I forgot the link to the damn thread!!! :pullhair:

The auction has begun!!!  Auction listing is on page 159!!! (thumbsu

On 5/26/2022 at 11:16 AM, Galen130 said:

One last shameless plug before the long holiday weekend.  Slab auction ends tonight, 10pm EST!!!  Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!!!

Hope everyone's having a great Memorial Day weekend! I just began listing a multi-thread sale of books and comic-related items including Canadian & 30-cent price variants, Adams Batman & Superman books, and a full year 1972 National Lampoon set w/vintage binder. I'll be adding more throughout the weekend and into next week. Thanks for looking and enjoy the holiday!

Hi.

I'm going to do a Job-lot sale of 4 PCH books. These are NICE books, nice grades.

Offered all together as one price. To coincide with The Queen's Platinum Jubilee. It is strictly a one off and the LOT price will represent a huge reduction on price against being bought individually.

I'm not even sure I should be doing it, but I'm not going to faff about reducing the price. The price will be firm and the sale will run for 6 hours only.

I will post it on Friday night at 9pm UK time. I won't be repeating it, so when it's gone, it's gone!

Ciao

paul.

Hey there guys and ghouls,

I'll be running a pulp thread in the golden age forum tonight at 5pm Pacific Standard Time. There will be lots of great horror, girlie and bondage pulp for sale at reasonable prices. Pulps are an exploding category right now, and getting hotter every day. If you're looking to break in to the pulp arena, or if you're a seasoned vet looking for a tough book or two, this will be a good sale to watch. Can't wait to see you there.

Regards,

Joshua

well, the collection I was picking up today turned out much larger than I expected so I am changing the focus of my coming sales thread to be runs and complete series/miniseries. starting tomorrow and still planning vcc GI Joe books, those are getting photo'ed and priced too.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, Economy Joe said:

well, the collection I was picking up today turned out much larger than I expected so I am changing the focus of my coming sales thread to be runs and complete series/miniseries. starting tomorrow and still planning vcc GI Joe books, those are getting photo'ed and priced too.

I started this run thread in Mixed, will be adding to it slowly but consistently.

This weekend.

VCC 52 - twitter with date.jpg

VirtualComicConvention (VCC LII)

Dealer Setup - Friday, June 17, 2022
(All Halls for VCC LII will unlock automatically at 8pm (EDT) for sellers to begin their booth setup)
LINK TO RULES, TIPS, and FAQs   
LINK TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD
LINK TO THE INDEX OF SELLERS

2022 - 1.jpg

My VCC booth is quiet, tons of GI Joe there, but my mixed ages thread is pulsing with intensity and variety. Get used to checking mixed ages if you buy comics because this thread is already pretty groovy, having tons of fun pulling and listing. I have a few things pulled to hit next but also eyeing wonder man full run shortly, surprisingly valued!

All right, let's see if I remember how to do this:

I'm back for my (somewhat) yearly sale, and will begin shortly in the Mixed Sales section. 

This will feature something for everyone. Signature Series? Yes! Raw? Yes! TPB's? Yes! It will be mostly Blue label top heavy to start though.

I just received 67 new blue labels and I am expecting another 25 within a week. Most are minor keys, and a good chunk are 9.8's with White pages. I would say 90% of these are original owner (me). 

Hopefully you can come by and have a look. I will likely put up 8-10 books at a time like I have done in the past. 

See you soon,

Alex

I am also in mixed and adding more books this weekend. I did some price reductions throughout the thread as well on items already posted.

coming today are Martian Manhunter 1-4, Marvel Super Heroes starting at the end and posting 10-15 issue lots, some FF, Final Days of Superman and more hopefully.

dropped prices on some of the earlier items as well before they go to ebay, gotta keep the thread fresh!

Edited by Economy Joe

I renamed my thread in mixed ages to The BIRD Cage. What's that? You hadn't heard? I was sure that everyone had heard. :gossip: I cannot edit my account but rest assured, Bird is the word.

SDCC is coming up fast! I'll have a SDCC 2022 exclusives thread once the show starts. If anyone has items they want picked up message me and we can arrange something.

This doesnt include funko, hasbro etc. those are still lottery. If I win a spot i'll take requests.

I have a lot of copper to modern books that I would like to move. I'm thinking of constructing bricks made of either 25 or 50 books and selling them by the brick. An Avengers brick would be 25 Avengers titles, A Batman brick would be 25 Batman books. A brick labeled Copper Age Marvel would have 25 Copper Age Marvels in it.   Seems pretty simple, and it seems the buyer knows what he is getting. 

Any issues?