• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

HIT #1 8.5 !

All Flash #1 9.4 !

Superman #2 7.0 !

Nickel #1 9.4 Mile High

All Winner #1 9.6 Chicago

Speed #1 8.5

Plus many others. It is just amazing the amount of material coming to market right now. Enough that I may be forced to tap into my secret reserves ...

It is just amazing the amount of material coming to market right now.

The more I think about it, the less amazing it is, and the more it seems that people are all trying to "cash out" and head for the exits at about the same time.

With the financial markets still jittery, the housing market in an epic death spiral, and the economy in general barely keeping its head above water, the need for actual cash may outweigh other concerns or interests.

This creates an absolutely WONDERFUL buying opportunity for people with long term interests and desire to stay in the market.

The more I think about it, the less amazing it is, and the more it seems that people are all trying to "cash out" and head for the exits at about the same time.

With the financial markets still jittery, the housing market in an epic death spiral, and the economy in general barely keeping its head above water, the need for actual cash may outweigh other concerns or interests.

This creates an absolutely WONDERFUL buying opportunity for people with long term interests and desire to stay in the market.

I think you are overthinking JT. Heritage has been dumping loads of choice material on the market for years. People of been prediciting the crash for years, hobby is as strong as ever.

I think the key to successful collecting is to be careful about over extending yourself. I would never buy something that made paying my bills "tight". I also never buy something with a need to sell stuff to cover the purchase. These actions always put you in a weak position. But for some of the books coming to market right now like the KC books. I mean who had these books and why are they selling now. Same is true for many other books coming out now like the Chicago All Winner 1. Not sure if the owner has decided to cash out or sell the 9.6 to buy a 9.2 and put the remaining cash elsewhere but definitely a lot of quality material even after many years of great auctions. I keep thinking all this stuff will be locked away forever but stuff just keeps showing up. I hope it doesn't end but only time will tell. I personally think that the amount of material coming up in such a short time will affect prices for the second level items. If someones wins a big item in CLINK, then they may not bid in Heritage but if they missed out on something in CLINK they may go big in Heritage. Definitely going to be interesting to watch (and participate I hope!)

I recall complaining about a month ago that their auction looked weak. They continue to find material.

I think you are overthinking JT. Heritage has been dumping loads of choice material on the market for years. People of been prediciting the crash for years, hobby is as strong as ever.

I'm not in the "Great Crash" camp Bill, I'm merely suggesting that the appearance of such an abundance of quality material in the market at the same time that our country's economy is so vulnerable to downside (as much as after the terrorist attacks of 2001) isn't a coincidence.

The smart ones placed hefty reserves on their goods I'm sure. I'm not so delusional as to think great books will be available for pennies on the dollar. I do believe what will be telling after the various auctions have wrapped up in mid March is how many of the "big ticket" items actually met reserve and changed hands.

If someone wins a big item in CLINK, then they may not bid in Heritage but if they missed out on something in CLINK they may go big in Heritage

That's my strategy. I still feel that the market is being oversaturated with books this month. Everyone is focusing on CLink & Heritage, and guys like Comiconnect and Bill Hughes are being overlooked. Maybe that's a good thing for buyers, but can't be too good for sellers/consigners.

The All Winners #1 Chicago went for $95k at Hake's in 2006.

It also went to Bill Hughes who has had it on his site for awhile and is now trying different venues to move it.

it is definitely a big book....wonder if heritage doesn't move it, if Clink will get a shot?

I'm not in the "Great Crash" camp Bill, I'm merely suggesting that the appearance of such an abundance of quality material in the market at the same time that our country's economy is so vulnerable to downside (as much as after the terrorist attacks of 2001) isn't a coincidence.

The smart ones placed hefty reserves on their goods I'm sure. I'm not so delusional as to think great books will be available for pennies on the dollar. I do believe what will be telling after the various auctions have wrapped up in mid March is how many of the "big ticket" items actually met reserve and changed hands.

Got ya. Thanks for clarifying.

Got ya. Thanks for clarifying.

Geez...I reread what I wrote. Hope I didn't come across sounding like a . That's never the intent. :foryou:

well, I put my bids in on 15 books I am interested in (12 in the feature, 2 in the weekly, and 1 in the monthly)...I am high bidder on all 15 lol

if I win only 3, that will be ok, but there are 3 I am really going to go after, that fit my collecting profit of late

That Action #11 CGC 7.0 sure is pretty.

sure is, but that #7 is :cloud9: (and I could be wrong, but I believe it is my old copy I sold in my run in the 90's...mine was a Vf range unrestored OO book)