• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

That Action #11 CGC 7.0 sure is pretty.

sure is, but that #7 is :cloud9: (and I could be wrong, but I believe it is my old copy I sold in my run in the 90's...mine was a Vf range unrestored OO book)

Love the #7, but my wife doesn't give me the allowance that your's gives you. :baiting:

That Action #11 CGC 7.0 sure is pretty.

sure is, but that #7 is :cloud9: (and I could be wrong, but I believe it is my old copy I sold in my run in the 90's...mine was a Vf range unrestored OO book)

Love the #7, but my wife doesn't give me the allowance that your's gives you. :baiting:

you know what is funny, that action 7 alone, just 14 years later, will sell for more than I got for my entire 1-100 run back in 1994....

I paid $15000 (or maybe it was $18K, heck, been so long ago, I can no longer remember) for the #1 (g/vg) and $15000 for the 2-14 (1-14 were all from an OO owner collection found in WPB florida my local shop bought, that I in turn was offered) ... the 2-5 were in vg/fn, and the 6-14 were all fn/vf to vf.... man, if only I could go back in time :insane:

I think people without much of an emotional attachment will be cashing out a bit. or those who are being hurt by the economy, but the true collector will probably stay put.
:wishluck:

the 2-5 were in vg/fn, and the 6-14 were all fn/vf to vf....

Not to make you feel bad, but WOW. Those must've been some very cool books.

I was a SA guy (go figure)...and the store owner (because I had dropped some good coin on AF15, FF1, etc), called me into his office one day and said "this is what I am selling you next"....on his desk was action 1-14...now, I certainly knew of action, but I had never bought a GA comic...I am pretty sure the #1 was 18K, because I remember having to pay like $1500 a month for a year, just to buy)...then, he gave me time payments on the 2-14 (that was like $1200 a month for a year)...by 1992, I had them all, and from 1992-94, I filled in 15-100 (SDCC, CBG, mail order, etc)...

and, believe it or not, I videotaped (for insurance) the entire run (and my batman 1-100 run, which I did put together 93-94)...

last year, I found that video tape and watched it (not great quality, but still very viewable)...I meant to take it to PonsCon, because bill told me he could put it on dvd, etc and of course, I forgot.....well I'll be darned if just this week I started looking for it again, to take with me, and I can't find it anywhere !!!! :frustrated:

great story. and dont feel bad. What did you do with the money you sold them fpr. Chances are you didnt blow it on crack and whores, so its now invested in something in your life..

that is why I can't "regret" selling....I used the funds to start my toy/action figure import and distribution company, which, after about 10 years of 100 hour work weeks (didn't take a vacation the first 8 years), has finally enabled me to buy comics again (and modestly support my family, etc)

It is just amazing the amount of material coming to market right now.

The more I think about it, the less amazing it is, and the more it seems that people are all trying to "cash out" and head for the exits at about the same time.

With the financial markets still jittery, the housing market in an epic death spiral, and the economy in general barely keeping its head above water, the need for actual cash may outweigh other concerns or interests.

This creates an absolutely WONDERFUL buying opportunity for people with long term interests and desire to stay in the market.

I finally got an adventure comics 75 in fine condition and hope to not have to sell it.Stuff like that was nowhere to be found for a long time.I think you're absolutely right about the economy flushing them out of the bushes.I just wish this economy hadn't put me in a spot where I was unable to snag the 74,76,77,78,79,and 80 that also turned up recently.On the bright side I suppose someone else got to have a few and I didn't have to feel guilty about my greediness :insane:I think availability actually strengthens the market.Prices don't climb if there are no sales.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

p.s. I did break the Adventure 75 out of it's slab :banana:

It is just amazing the amount of material coming to market right now.

The more I think about it, the less amazing it is, and the more it seems that people are all trying to "cash out" and head for the exits at about the same time.

With the financial markets still jittery, the housing market in an epic death spiral, and the economy in general barely keeping its head above water, the need for actual cash may outweigh other concerns or interests.

This creates an absolutely WONDERFUL buying opportunity for people with long term interests and desire to stay in the market.

I finally got an adventure comics 75 in fine condition and hope to not have to sell it.Stuff like that was nowhere to be found for a long time.I think you're absolutely right about the economy flushing them out of the bushes.I just wish this economy hadn't put me in a spot where I was unable to snag the 74,76,77,78,79,and 80 that also turned up recently.On the bright side I suppose someone else got to have a few and I didn't have to feel guilty about my greediness :insane:I think availability actually strengthens the market.Prices don't climb if there are no sales.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

p.s. I did break the Adventure 75 out of it's slab :banana:

:o Well, welcome back! :applause:

I hadn't planned on bidding on the tec 29 till near the end, but it is already almost out of my reach...wow, I guess tec 29 is still crazy hot...anyone want to buy a 3.5 cgc blue that I am told would easily press into a 4.5 (and we know how well the last 5.0 did!)?

I hadn't planned on bidding on the tec 29 till near the end, but it is already almost out of my reach...wow, I guess tec 29 is still crazy hot...anyone want to buy a 3.5 cgc blue that I am told would easily press into a 4.5 (and we know how well the last 5.0 did!)?

I would if I could but I can't!!

um, Primetime, you out there??

hm

hm

while I have not pursued the "pressing" aspect, I am going to show the book to Matt nelson this weekend and get his opinion....however, I would leave that up to a new owner (if I decide to sell)

hm

while I have not pursued the "pressing" aspect, I am going to show the book to Matt nelson this weekend and get his opinion....however, I would leave that up to a new owner (if I decide to sell)

IF.............

Can't see you selling it Rick.

hm

IF.............

Can't see you selling it Rick.

well, I would certainly have to have a replacement in the works....but, i am just as good with a restored copy as an unrestored copy, as long as the price is comparable to the grade...I was hoping the 29 on heritage would close around $10K...

...and I'll get you a record price for your 3.5 as well my friend.......

for just 2% of the sales price plus cost of sale, I will list on eBay, collect payment, ship to the buyer, and overnight you your net proceeds. Try to getting all that service from a large auction house for just 2% :baiting:

:takeit: