• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

i received my catalog today. too many issues i've been searching for. i'm going to need a night job. :cry:

I hear you. I placed 8 bids today. I'm sick I tell you, sick.

I still haven't got my catalog...but, I have already been outbid (thank god) on 11 of 13 books

i received my catalog today. too many issues i've been searching for. i'm going to need a night job. :cry:

I still haven't got my catalog...but, I have already been outbid (thank god) on 11 of 13 books

They know how to get me. Online I have to actually search for things, so I don't. Their catalog can always coax some bids out of me. But, like you, I hope I don't win them all.

They know how to get me. Online I have to actually search for things, so I don't. Their catalog can always coax some bids out of me. But, like you, I hope I don't win them all.

well, i bought a little ragged-out fantastic 1 in the ACA last night, so now i don't have to go after the pricey 6.0 they have in the big auction. leaves more money for me to go hard after the book i REALLY want. if i don't win it, someone will have bought it for a pretty penny. the only book i'll bid on now.

I wasnt even high bidder for 24 hours on the Cap #46. I foolishly thought I had a shot at it with a 3.5 times guide bid. :(

I really want to put a bid in on the Detective #27... I'm using the fact that a boardie is high bidder to keep myself from taking a shot at it.

I wasnt even high bidder for 24 hours on the Cap #46. I foolishly thought I had a shot at it with a 3.5 times guide bid. :(

I really want to put a bid in on the Detective #27... I'm using the fact that a boardie is high bidder to keep myself from taking a shot at it.

considering I paid 5x guide for a restored cap 46 (2x) and almost 6x guide for a 3.0 cap 46, I am expecting the 7.0 to go for more than $7K (at least that is my max with BP)

rick

Well, I'm behind the curve a bit as I only received my Heritage Catalogue yesterday.

I have to be honest...I'm even more overwhelmed with decisions now that I'm looking through the Heritage offering. The Toronto Collection is looking pretty amazing, with some awesome high grade mid 50s Wonder Woman and Sub-Mariners (both titles I collect).

Seriously, I can see myself spending a lot of money over the next month...a LOT of money.

Too bad I'm buying a house at the moment....I think I can almost justify a better use for that down payment money....too bad the wife wouldn't agree. :insane:

Well, I'm behind the curve a bit as I only received my Heritage Catalogue yesterday.

I have to be honest...I'm even more overwhelmed with decisions now that I'm looking through the Heritage offering. The Toronto Collection is looking pretty amazing, with some awesome high grade mid 50s Wonder Woman and Sub-Mariners (both titles I collect).

Seriously, I can see myself spending a lot of money over the next month...a LOT of money.

Too bad I'm buying a house at the moment....I think I can almost justify a better use for that down payment money....too bad the wife wouldn't agree. :insane:

while I never advocate buying a comic with "credit", money is dirt cheap right now, and sometimes opportunities like this don't come about very often, so, buy the house and some comics!

while I never advocate buying a comic with "credit", money is dirt cheap right now, and sometimes opportunities like this don't come about very often, so, buy the house and some comics!

Yeah, I have the cash to buy a lot right now, but I'm normally very conservative when it comes to buying comic related material (generally, no more then 10% of my cash/investment allocation). However sir, you are 100% correct...buying opportunities like this rarely come around and I may have to be a little more free-spending.)

And heck, BofA keeps offering me generous advances on my credit card at only 1.99%, so even if I didn't want to do it with my own money..... :devil:

Yeah, I have the cash to buy a lot right now, but I'm normally very conservative when it comes to buying comic related material (generally, no more then 10% of my cash/investment allocation). However sir, you are 100% correct...buying opportunities like this rarely come around and I may have to be a little more free-spending.)

And heck, BofA keeps offering me generous advances on my credit card at only 1.99%, so even if I didn't want to do it with my own money..... :devil:

Also, the buying spree just started for me this morning....BINed the Senation Comics # 58 Mile High 9.6 off of ebay for $1,600...last sold for $3,200 in 2006. Woot!

Let the bargain hunting begin! :acclaim:

BTW, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really love Ebay's 20-cent listing days. :cloud9: :cloud9:

with BoA, wait a week, you are going to get some 0% till Feb 2009 checks coming soon, I just got some yesterday...so, for the $75 max fee, I am cashing and parking in ING direct at 3%...hard when folks just want to "give" you money

Also, the buying spree just started for me this morning....BINed the Senation Comics # 58 Mile High 9.6 off of ebay for $1,600...last sold for $3,200 in 2006. Woot!

Let the bargain hunting begin! :acclaim:

BTW, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really love Ebay's 20-cent listing days. :cloud9: :cloud9:

with BoA, wait a week, you are going to get some 0% till Feb 2009 checks coming soon, I just got some yesterday...so, for the $75 max fee, I am cashing and parking in ING direct at 3%...hard when folks just want to "give" you money

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what BofA sends me..... :grin:

hard when folks just want to "give" you money

I'm okay with accepting the money. It's the returning it that's hard.