• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

I'm totally set for this auction. Mr. Paul Wang from the Bank of Signapore just emailed me, and he's got 14.2 millions dollars waiting for me! :banana:

You too? doh!

get in line people, I have already Western Union'd my $1500 processing fee...the money is as good as mine :insane:

I'm totally set for this auction. Mr. Paul Wang from the Bank of Signapore just emailed me, and he's got 14.2 millions dollars waiting for me! :banana:

You too? doh!

get in line people, I have already Western Union'd my $1500 processing fee...the money is as good as mine :insane:

lol

Not any more.

I'm afraid I beat you to it. Sent him just a few thousand to cover fees.

Sorry, but you snooze you lose.

"What?"

Geez, posted this only to find somebody else beat me to the joke.

The Mile High Adventure books are simply stunning! Too bad I don't have $20,000 to $100,000 burning a hole in my pocket :(

that would get you 1, maybe 2 :baiting: ....i am very curious to see where those 9.8s ends up...truly spectactular condition!

I just took a quick look and the books I am actually most impressed with are some of the Weird Tales pulps. Check out the price on the 1st Conan (Dec 1932) or the Bat-Woman cover (Oct 1933) with a lot of time to go on both. I will hopefully still be able to land a few of them........ :wishluck:

I just took a quick look and the books I am actually most impressed with are some of the Weird Tales pulps. Check out the price on the 1st Conan (Dec 1932) or the Bat-Woman cover (Oct 1933) with a lot of time to go on both. I will hopefully still be able to land a few of them........ :wishluck:

In San Diego last Summer, I was at the Heritage booth when a guy was showing a couple of the guys there scans of 600 pulps he'd found in a dumpster. They were quite impressed with what he'd found. I wonder if some of the pulps in this auction are from that find.

Prices on books haven't jumped very much yet which is kind of surprising. Too much good stuff on the market at once perhaps?

The time immediately following the Heritage,Comiclink,and Metropolis(comicconnect) auctions could very well create the "perfect storm" for sellers.Alot of folks are holding on to their $$$$ until then.Now should be a good time for buyers as people liquidate so they can raise funds to pony up in the auctions.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

In San Diego last Summer, I was at the Heritage booth when a guy was showing a couple of the guys there scans of 600 pulps he'd found in a dumpster. They were quite impressed with what he'd found. I wonder if some of the pulps in this auction are from that find.

if i borrow much more from Guido down at the pool hall, they'll be finding more than pulps in the dumpster.

Prices on books haven't jumped very much yet which is kind of surprising. Too much good stuff on the market at once perhaps?

Looking at my situation, I'll probably be a very small buyer (if at all) in this months auctions. The Funds aren't "flowing in" to tempt me to splurge on new offerings. Unless I see something really compelling I'll probably take a pass.

There should be a bump in prices soon, as the sellers bid up their books.

I am watching this Adventure book with more than a passing interest. I don't own a single GA hero book, but this book is truly a "Wow":

adventure.jpg

Am I crazy for even considering going after it?

I am afraid the real bidding for these books has not even begun yet ...