• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

I am watching this Adventure book with more than a passing interest. I don't own a single GA hero book, but this book is truly a "Wow":

adventure.jpg

Am I crazy for even considering going after it?

That was my favorite book of the Adventures that are consigned by the owner. I had the opportunity to see them in the raw many years ago. Not that all of them aren't killer but that one was especially striking to me at the time.

Adam, didn't you get your copy of that book from me about 15 years ago?

Yes I did. After I saw the Church copy I now longer looked at it in the same way and eventually sold it. :sorry:

I don't think that 10k is big enough to swing that book. With the Adventures I would expect live bidders will be the winners on most of them.

Assuming the reserve gets triggered. That other 9.8 Starman Adventure has been put up so many times on Heritage now.

I agree, I don't see quite the love for Adv that even GL gets...but, you never know!

I guess that's the difference being a top-tier hero (GL) and a lesser hero (Starman), even though the covers on these Adventures blow away those dreadful GL covers.

Unlike the GL Church books, there currently are and have been Church Adventures available out there in the marketplace the past 5-7 years or so. So there is a recent sales history and the average has been 3.5-6x, depending on the book and condition. I would be completely shocked if these books fetched 8-10x guide.

However, coupled with the "lower" guide value, classic cover, and ridiculous condition, 67 is the one that has a chance to do it. 79 was the only one to command that type of multiple in the past.

As an aside, 42 went for around 3.5x guide at the time, CGC 9.4 ow/w. I believe that was three years ago.

All good points, particularly on the availability of Church Adventures compared to the Church GLs, which have been locked up for decades. However, never underestimate the impact of putting a big run up for auction. It often seems to bring out the most frenzied bidding with various OCD-afflicted collectors desperately trying to acquire a complete run of a particular title all at once and not let anyone else put a hole in their run.

Unlike the GL Church books, there currently are and have been Church Adventures available out there in the marketplace the past 5-7 years or so. So there is a recent sales history and the average has been 3.5-6x, depending on the book and condition. I would be completely shocked if these books fetched 8-10x guide.

However, coupled with the "lower" guide value, classic cover, and ridiculous condition, 67 is the one that has a chance to do it. 79 was the only one to command that type of multiple in the past.

As an aside, 42 went for around 3.5x guide at the time, CGC 9.4 ow/w. I believe that was three years ago.

All good points, particularly on the availability of Church Adventures compared to the Church GLs, which have been locked up for decades. However, never underestimate the impact of putting a big run up for auction. It often seems to bring out the most frenzied bidding with various OCD-afflicted collectors desperately trying to acquire a complete run of a particular title all at once and not let anyone else put a hole in their run.

And while some Adventures have been on the market, these with an exception or two, have been out of circulation for years.

Assuming the reserve gets triggered.

I am pretty sure all of the MH Adventures are going with no reserve.

The Green Lanterns had no reserve and the consignor is in liquidating mode.

the consignor is in liquidating mode.

hm Does this mean we might see some more DC Church runs coming up for auction? (shrug)

The only title he has is Flash. But he has a boatload of them. 2-30 complete, plus at least thirty others (including 104). I would imagine they will be sold at some point, depending on what happens with the Adventures.

hm Does this mean we might see some more DC Church runs coming up for auction? (shrug)

The only title he has is Flash. But he has a boatload of them. 2-30 complete, plus at least thirty others (including 104). I would imagine they will be sold at some point, depending on what happens with the Adventures.

What other stuff is he going to sell off besides Mile Highs?

He has a bunch of the inexpensive Crowley Fawcett books, but even if he does sell them I doubt they would make much of a splash. Other than that he has piles and piles of mid-grade sixties and seventies comics that were purchased as overstock from various mail-order dealers that have gone out of business. A vast amount of mediocre inventory that could be sold okay on-line. But he doesn't have a computer.

He has a bunch of the inexpensive Crowley Fawcett books, but even if he does sell them I doubt they would make much of a splash. Other than that he has piles and piles of mid-grade sixties and seventies comics that were purchased as overstock from various mail-order dealers that have gone out of business. A vast amount of mediocre inventory that could be sold okay on-line. But he doesn't have a computer.

well, I wonder who could come to the rescue :baiting:

Long story....

Long story....

I know... but I "owe" you :baiting:

Are they all his, though? The MH Adventure 72, among others, has been up on Heritage before.

Other than that he has piles and piles of mid-grade sixties and seventies comics that were purchased as overstock from various mail-order dealers that have gone out of business. A vast amount of mediocre inventory that could be sold okay on-line. But he doesn't have a computer.

Long story....

Until you said that, I had figured that Heritage had discovered its next weekly auction source! lol

Are they all his, though? The MH Adventure 72, among others, has been up on Heritage before.

That is the only one of the MH Adventures in the auction through issue 102 that isn't his.

I am sure the 72 has a reserve but I don't think the others do.

Other than that he has piles and piles of mid-grade sixties and seventies comics that were purchased as overstock from various mail-order dealers that have gone out of business. A vast amount of mediocre inventory that could be sold okay on-line. But he doesn't have a computer.

Long story....

Until you said that, I had figured that Heritage had discovered its next weekly auction source! lol

I'm not sure even they would want to mess with it.