• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

:wishluck:

The clock is ticking on this auction. I'm really hoping one particular item flies under the radar that I am current high bidder on (with room to spare still).

I'm wondering, does anyone think it would be best to attend the live event or am I asking for bid tension trouble as I see the price climb?

The clock is ticking on this auction. I'm really hoping one particular item flies under the radar that I am current high bidder on (with room to spare still).

I'm wondering, does anyone think it would be best to attend the live event or am I asking for bid tension trouble as I see the price climb?

Why not bid over the phone while the auction is going on? I have done that many times and it has worked great for me. It saves me a trip and I am only a few hours away from Dallas.

In any event good luck - I hope you get what you are wanting. :wishluck:

I have never attended one of Heritage's auctions in person, but I have always wanted to. I always end up rationalizing that I can phone bid and use the money it would cost to fly over and put it toward the comic I want instead.

The only reason to attend the auction is to see the book in person. Otherwise the phone works best.

Jay

As an aside, I did visit Heritage to pick up my winnings from the last Signature auction. Wrong thing to do. I live in Oklahoma City so only 3 hours away and I was heading to Dallas anyway. I thought, what the hey - save some shipping charges, get my books quicker. The folks there were very nice. I was taken into the viewing gallery to inspect my books. My total for that auction was around $1,200 and I should have paid closer attention to my invoice because I had to pay sales tax.

Even though I don't live in Texas, evidently Texas has a law that says if you pick up goods in the state, you must pay sales tax. Maybe other states have the same law.

Needless to say the sales tax on this purchase was quite a bit more than the shipping cost would have been. :tonofbricks:

So again, use the phone and let them ship to you.

Assuming the reserve gets triggered.

I am pretty sure all of the MH Adventures are going with no reserve.

The Green Lanterns had no reserve and the consignor is in liquidating mode.

Are they all his, though? The MH Adventure 72, among others, has been up on Heritage before.

I would most certainly not be using the Adventure 72 as a barometer of the market for the Adventure run. After all, issue #72 is most likely the most overvalued DC "key" book in the OS guide. hm

Are they all his, though? The MH Adventure 72, among others, has been up on Heritage before.

I would most certainly not be using the Adventure 72 as a barometer of the market for the Adventure run. After all, issue #72 is most likely the most overvalued DC "key" book in the OS guide. hm

Indeed....

Indeed....

I think the list is quite a bit longer. I would throw in:

Special Edition (Captain Marvel)

World's Best #1

Most World's Finest

New Yorks World Fair 1939 and 1940

All Flash #1

Captain Marvel (actually many Fawcetts)

Mid grade Batman's

Non-key Detective, especially mid grade

You guys have to realize... I'm in downtown Dallas almost every day cause I live here! ;)

That's why I thought it might be interesting to attend the live event.

Plus, the piece I want is going to go high... I should have someone outside the state bid on it so I don't have to pay the tax! lol

I always get stuck paying the sales tax buying from Heritage and I too have picked up books in their office.

You guys have to realize... I'm in downtown Dallas almost every day cause I live here! ;)

That's why I thought it might be interesting to attend the live event.

If you live in Dallas, you should definitely attend. Why not?

Richard;

All I can say is that Joe is a super nice guy and I certainly hope he is liquidating based upon his own personal choice. Hopefully, this was not caused by falling real estate prices as he owns a lot of rental properties in Texas. :wishluck:

I have always known about his run of Church Flash books. Hopefully, they will all come back with a clean BLUE bill of health. Now, those should be going for some nice dollars since they have been off the market for so many years. :cloud9:

Richard;

All I can say is that Joe is a super nice guy and I certainly hope he is liquidating based upon his own personal choice. Hopefully, this was not caused by falling real estate prices as he owns a lot of rental properties in Texas. :wishluck:

I have always known about his run of Church Flash books. Hopefully, they will all come back with a clean BLUE bill of health. Now, those should be going for some nice dollars since they have been off the market for so many years. :cloud9:

is JS selling his Flash too?