• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

422 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2023 at 7:36 PM, littledoom said:
On 11/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, gooshball said:

I did not.  I was worried I was going to have to return it when it opened to page 13.  Took me nearly 15 minutes to find pictures of X men 50 interior and figure out what was happening.

It is very nice.  A little distributor ink up top but probably a solid 7.5-8.5 white pages.

I would have kept it also, neat find

I admire yalls pluck, as I too would have to say yay or nay, but I collect mostly for slabs; since this would receive a green label I'd be in trouble. I collect niche stuff too, but this would weigh heavy but "from my collecting habits" or I can say specifically with this book, and due to the qualified label, no?

Or am I mistaken (for my own benefit if it were happen to me?) ????

It is a neat perspective in that it meets a niche, and yet, with values? As op said it'd have weighed heavy. :tonofbricks:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I admire yalls pluck, as I too would have to say yay or nay, but I collect mostly for slabs; since this would receive a green label I'd be in trouble. I collect niche stuff too, but this would weigh heavy but "from my collecting habits" or I can say specifically with this book, and due to the qualified label, no?

Or am I mistaken (for my own benefit if it were happen to me?) ????

It is a neat perspective in that it meets a niche, and yet, with values? As op said it'd have weighed heavy. :tonofbricks:

Yeah probably green but not all green labels are worth less when it comes to rare manufacturing defects.

Might be harder to find a buyer but it's rare and I'll happily keep it. 

On 4/10/2024 at 6:26 AM, BuraddoRun said:

This is the ugliest wrapped/cut book I've ever seen in person. Found at Half Price Books with a dollar sticker price. Worth it! LOL

IMG_20240331_025056550.jpg

@revat

I was wondering if anyone has seen this error, inside front and back covers completely blank..?  Also, will CGC give it a blue label? And do you think the value changes with the error? 

Thanks in advance...

20240504_095056.jpg

20240504_095103.jpg

On 5/6/2024 at 1:05 PM, pens666 said:

I was wondering if anyone has seen this error, inside front and back covers completely blank..?  Also, will CGC give it a blue label? And do you think the value changes with the error? 

Thanks in advance...

20240504_095056.jpg

20240504_095103.jpg

There’s a whole bunch of Dell titles from May of ‘54 that had some of their interior covers run blank like this, where others of the same titles had adds printed. I have a Little Lulu from that “batch” that looks like that, I don’t hold out much hope that it affects the value very much. Your book may be more unique with this particular defect than mine though.

IMG_0271.jpeg

On 5/6/2024 at 12:05 PM, pens666 said:

Thanks in advance...

20240504_095056.jpg

20240504_095103.jpg

@Cpt Kirk another variant for you to find. :baiting:

On 5/6/2024 at 2:26 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

@Cpt Kirk another variant for you to find. :baiting:

On 5/6/2024 at 1:53 PM, Shazbot said:

There’s a whole bunch of Dell titles from May of ‘54 that had some of their interior covers run blank like this, where others of the same titles had adds printed. I have a Little Lulu from that “batch” that looks like that, I don’t hold out much hope that it affects the value very much. Your book may be more unique with this particular defect than mine though.

IMG_0271.jpeg

I'm thinking the Batman is a manufacturing error.   But what also strikes me is that it looks like a Canadian Price Variant, given the $1.00 price tag on the front cover.  Is the inside back cover also blank?

On 5/6/2024 at 12:05 PM, pens666 said:

On 5/6/2024 at 5:54 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

I'm thinking the Batman is a manufacturing error.   But what also strikes me is that it looks like a Canadian Price Variant, given the $1.00 price tag on the front cover.  Is the inside back cover also blank?

On 5/6/2024 at 6:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks!   I missed the part where he said inside back cover was blank.   My friend just weighed in and said that his Canadian variant of BM 399 has normal inside front cover and normal inside back cover. 

Yes Cpt Kirk, it is a Canadian price variant, which is rare in itself, was just curious if this error might make it more valuable.  It is going out to CGC next week, I am going to place a note on it to ensure they make note of the error.. (looking back at this thread, it appears that manufacturing errors are given blue labels now...I would not grade it if I'm going to get the green label...)

On 5/6/2024 at 7:01 PM, pens666 said:

Yes Cpt Kirk, it is a Canadian price variant, which is rare in itself, was just curious if this error might make it more valuable.  It is going out to CGC next week, I am going to place a note on it to ensure they make note of the error.. (looking back at this thread, it appears that manufacturing errors are given blue labels now...I would not grade it if I'm going to get the green label...)

Clarification....

Green label would indicate a notation of why it was green, or do they do the same with a blue?

Also, is this to be slabbed due to the price, book, or notation if any?

No right or wrong, just curious of the philosophical bent lol