• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,395 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2022 at 8:03 AM, Robot Man said:

Lordy! Crisp, fat spine copies of some classic books! 10 cents was probably a LOT of money to kids in 1938. If I had only one dime that day, I would probably have to go home with that Adventure shark cover…

By comparison, it only cost a nickel to get into a movie theater back then.

What I find curious is that both Tec 16 and New Adventure 27, which are cover dated June 1938, have ads for Action #1, but the photo has a copy of Action #2, which has a July 1938 cover date.  I would have expected to see Tec 17 and NA 28 in the photo because they have the same cover date as Action #2.  I haven't checked the cover dates of the other books.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:28 AM, RareHighGrade said:

What I find curious is that both Tec 16 and New Adventure 27, which are cover dated June 1938, have ads for Action #1, but the photo has a copy of Action #2, which has a July 1938 cover date.  I would have expected to see Tec 17 and NA 28 in the photo because they have the same cover date as Action #2.  I haven't checked the cover dates of the other books.

The more fun is #32 and that has an ad for Action 1. I guess they sold out of number 1 so they put 2 in there(shrug) I can tell its 32 cause the cir

image.jpegSee the source image

Edited by woowoo

On 12/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, woowoo said:

Bump identify what you can

I think that is a newsstand.

Edited by MrBedrock